I’m Sick And Tired Of Thana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m Sick And Tired Of Thana

My nickname is a relic of an unhealthier era where the name had some weight and meaning. These days, it feels like it’s nothing but an aesthetic trapping, nothing more nothing less. I cringe at its association not because of the content but of the over-mythologized self-narrative which I’ve grown quite cynical of.

Not only is it a relic of unhealthier times,it ended up being a caricature (in my mind). Deathlike, deathing, does anyone know what that concretely means and symbolize? All in all, it feels pretentious and tired, the name and everything it’s associated with.
    Last edited by Atelier; 11-08-2019, 03:30 AM.
    http://thanatesque.com/

NiTe 2w1 9w1 5w4 sp/sx

The name can be changed - but what shall we change it to?

Comment

Also just to specify, this was the context of "deathing."

Water is the womb of the world, and womb is connected to type 2 in enneagram. In your case, you're more interested in "death-ing" (being a mortician) than in "birth-ing" or "mothering." But those seem to be two sides of a similar archetype.
      It was in quotes, and the word was separated by a dash, because it was obviously a play on language. This punctuation shows that it's not about some abstract field of symbolism or textbook study, but more of a wordplay... 'birth-ing' and 'death-ing.' ALSO, most importantly, I specified that it was because you are interested in being a mortician. It wasn't about mythologizing or Thana, nor about symbolism, and that was made clear. (Though it is hard to avoid symbolism altogether if we're talking about Cancer, water, mothering archetypes, etc.) It was about your stated life goals -- and also a direct response to your stated indifference about mothering, and brainstorming about the archetype Cancer that was giving you trouble.

While I have a passion for archetypes and their connections to humans, I evaluate them from a perspective of what someone DOES in their actual LIFE - goals, ambition, follow-through, history, speaking style, look, etc. As above, so below. Without action, the archetype is empty.

The "Thana" archetype would have been meaningless to me if you weren't also living it in some concrete way, and that concrete way was what I specifically referred to in the post (mortician career). I know you haven't embarked on that career yet but it has been your stated goal for a while. There are also other less concrete associations like your affinity with the artist you posted, who was starving himself to the brink of death - and other such topics. But the one I mentioned in particular was the career path.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure you understood the intent there. I didn't see the use of 'death-ing' as 'mythologizing.' That said, I definitely see the merit in moving on from the archetype. Once it starts to feel like a false mythology or a caricature, the shoe no longer fits. You outgrew it.
      Last edited by Volcana; 11-08-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Volcana I Se I Se. I outgrew the name and archetype it seems like. I want go beyond it. My new name will be Atelier. It means workshop or studio especially in regards to an artist’s studio. It’s not as fitting and exciting as Thana but I have no other alternatives atm, so it’ll do.
        http://thanatesque.com/

NiTe 2w1 9w1 5w4 sp/sx

Comment

Ohh I like that. It brings to mind the theme which I often call "forging myself from the flame," but that may be my bias. I'm curious to see where it goes and how you feel with it And actually, I am happy to see this growth.

Comment

Working...
          X