Which Archetype are you, on this list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Archetype are you, on this list?

Check your profiles, everyone - this archetype is now an editable field on your profile, and it shows up on posts!

Daeva and I found this list today, and the descriptions are great. Unfortunately, we still have not figured out how to find the "unvote" option on polls. So the first vote is your last. Feel free to discuss in comments before voting. You can discuss it after voting too! We'd love to hear your reasoning.

Here are the descriptions, by Stacey Couch.

https://www.wildgratitude.com/what-i...etype-library/
    Addict
    16.67%
    Artist
    0%
    Caregiver
    0%
    Detective
    0%
    Explorer
    8.33%
    Goddess
    8.33%
    Sage
    8.33%
    Healer
    8.33%
    Hermit
    0%
    Hero
    8.33%
    King
    0%
    Liberator
    0%
    Lover
    0%
    Magician
    8.33%
    Martyr
    0%
    Mediator
    0%
    Mentor
    0%
    Mother
    0%
    Mystic
    0%
    Networker
    0%
    Queen
    0%
    Rebel
    0%
    Rescuer
    0%
    Seeker
    8.33%
    Shapeshifter
    0%
    Slave
    0%
    Student
    8.33%
    Teacher
    0%
    Trickster
    0%
    Vampire
    16.67%
    Visionary
    0%
    Warrior
    0%

It's tempting to select Visionary or Warrior - but her description of Vampire really hits my themes. Death and rebirth, deal with the devil for immortality, reflection (or lack thereof/ shadow), chasing virgins, throat chakra, hot and cold passion with no middle ground.... the need for equanimity. Even the picture fits.

Click image for larger version  Name:	vampire-archetype.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.9 KB ID:	5813

Click image for larger version  Name:	RedErii4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	5826

Click image for larger version

Name:	72f4d64c1d611db47c0bf4604d41a07c.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	5829

https://www.wildgratitude.com/vampire-archetype/

The Buddhist goddess

And this is why my art was a need as desperate as breathing... without it, I could not see my own reflection. My creative output is not the hopeful visions of a scattered, dreamy Artist, but rather, for me,

art is the blood of the exile.

Click image for larger version  Name:	erosian1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	5815
    Last edited by Animal; 01-02-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

my name is devo and I'm an addict

Comment

• Melancholia
        Melancholia commented
        Editing a comment
        Solidarity

• devo
        devo commented
        Editing a comment
        the black circle of void, something to not avoid

Animal
      I related to several, but my gut was loud and clear with "vampire". makes sense we'd be similar

others that resonated somewhat were sage, rescuer, king and teacher. "hero" is kind of my shadow that I experience on a visceral level but am not ready to fully express. I need to stay in the shadows longer and accumulate more power.

edit: reading the description now....fuck. that is accurate.

Comment

• Animal
        Animal commented
        Editing a comment
        It suits you for sure. I made a thread about vampire specifically, would love your thoughts. I tagged you. (Feel free to make a thread about any other archetype btw, whether you relate personally or not. I'd like to explore each one in more depth.)

I don't think I can pick one. Pioneer resonates. So does Warrior. I can't say one stands out over the other; it's more like I'm a blend. (Warring Pioneer? lol)

To a lesser degree, I resonate with Rebel, Detective, and Mentor.
      Rachel

Comment

I chose Explorer, but going through them, it's probably more accurately Seeker. They're both about equal though. This is my whole life.

Comment

Makes me feel like a bit of a jerk to say but after reading all the descriptions I think Hero probably fits the best. I looked at Guide, King/Queen, Magician, Mystic, and Seeker as well, but settled on Hero because:
          • I'm definitely the type to directly give advice more than to sort of help people sort their things out on their own terms Oops. Trying to work on this one but for now I can't really call myself "wise" the way this archetype is considering it.
          • I don't think I was really primed to have authority and conduct myself in a proper way and I really don't have any real authority :P I'm definitely powerful in my head but even there I don't really rule over anything or anyone.
          • I do think Magician suited me to an extent but I don't really transform people or have any interest in doing so.
          • I do not endure suffering in exchange for my relationship with spirituality. In fact that really goes against my beliefs.
          • I don't think I'm devoted enough to the search to truly be a Seeker. I'm too much of a know-it-all.
          I think some of the more relationship-oriented ones might seem relevant for me like Companion or Healer because I'm a pretty involved friend but I'm way too self-absorbed and self-centered to properly embody that as an archetype. Others like Visionary are a bit too literal for me; I don't really think about futures as much as I think about other worlds and spirituality. Hero fits pretty well though; my "spiritual guide" is my father who has always been there to steer me toward clear paths and my "weapon" is language and words, which I use to try to make a meaningful and real impact in this life as well as to support my friends. My problem is that I can be self-absorbed and arrogant. I also have spiritual inclinations and beliefs that I don't think are excluded by this archetype. I've always kind of seen myself as the "main character."

Comment

• Full_fathom
            Full_fathom commented
            Editing a comment
            It works, i've more or less had you with an enfp 7 thing. I noticed that you've written a lot of stuff lately but i'm too busy to take it in, my apologies but "Hero" and Champion... championing. They aren't too far off in the grand scheme.

• inkreservoir
            inkreservoir commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries! Haha, thank you.
        Working...
        X