X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal
    commented on 's reply
    Confusing. I mean.. "body center four" seems right to me, for me. And I could see everyone else's instincts working with this too... it just 'feels' a certain way. But how can you be a body center heart center. . I guess you're still reading.

• Daeva
    replied
    Essentially, we could say that an "Sp 4" is a "Body center 4," except it is still Heart first. Dun dun DUUUUUN!

Image and quote taken from "On The Nature of the Enneagram Subtypes," by Susan Rhodes.

Leave a comment:

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
    I've seen arguments where people even tried to connect the search for a higher meaning (as in the Spiritual pole) to Sx. There's something problematic going on with this.

• Daeva
    replied
    This image shows what I mean when I say "multiple Enneagrams layered on top of one another."

Image taken from "On The Nature of the Enneagram Subtypes," by Susan Rhodes.

Leave a comment:

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
    It seems that the contemporary reasoning does follow the "multiple Enneagrams layered on top of one another" rule. I will post it.

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
    "I understand that according to Oscar Ichazo, the mother is responsible if you become predominantly self-preserving, the father if you become social, and both parents if you become sexual."

Such a Freudian way of thinking...

• SpiritoftheGael
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah that'd be completely redundant I agree Animal and Daeva However, I do wonder if there is more going on because I am obviously very different from SP 9s or SO 9s.

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
    UNLESS, that is, if we were to employ MUPLTIPLE Enneagrams at once, that then overlap on top of one another.. if that makes sense. The Enneagram of INSTINCT, the Enneagram of EGO, etc. In this manner one could still be, for example, a relational 9.

• SpiritoftheGael
    commented on 's reply
    Daeva if you read the sexual pole description it's pretty clear that's become part of SX descriptions.

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
    "Protoanalysis explains the existence of four Functions that are characterized as the four possible fields, where the energy of the instincts, in combination with the functions, can manifest in reality. The four functions are the Function of Space and Wealth, the Function of Time and Power, the Function of Expression and Fame, and the Function of Coordination and Honor. Without a reference to the four Functions and their value-objects, any analysis of the psychological fixated types is rendered as totally inadequate, because it is like a baseball team without the four bases of the diamond field for playing. "

Meaning that stuff like "fame" is a different expression from either the image or the social. The sexual is also NOT part of the relational instinct, as it is said to be a different pole altogether.

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty much, though writing it out as such would then become redundant.

• Animal
    commented on 's reply
    So instead of Sp 4, Sx 8, Soc 5, I'd be basically Sx 4, Sp 8, Soc 5 --- or rather "Relational" 4, "Conservation" 8 and "Adaptation" 5. Well I did type as Sx/Sp for many years. :P .

• Daeva
    commented on 's reply
Working...
X