Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

America is Divided. Let's split the Country in half.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America is Divided. Let's split the Country in half.

America is divided and it seems irreparable. Violent rioters are destroying cities, people are being killed, and Congress can not get things done in a timely manner because of disagreement amongst themselves.

To me, it seems the best solution is to divide the country in half. Logistically, I don't know how that could happen, but there has to be a way.

People who support BLM and the Democrats can move to one side, and people who support Trump and the Republicans can move to the other.

Everyone can have a choice of which side to move to, and there could be all kinds of charities and government programs focused on making the move as affordable as possible.

Right now, the left blames the right and the right blames the left. Splitting the country would force everyone to lie in the bed they made. Then perhaps people would question their own side, and even, themselves.

It doesn't have to be done with animosity. Ideally the two sides could be allies, and for a while it would be a fairly easy and painless immigration process from one to the other. Some people would have hard decisions to make, for instance, families who don't agree - but over time, this would sort itself out. Perhaps there can a third area where families live who are divided, or where undecideds can go, at least for a time. The solution wouldn't work overnight but it would be a move in a better direction, to stop the hate.

That's my solution. I honestly don't see any other.

When relationships become violent and abusive, people split up. It's very sad and most responsible people prefer fighting for their loved ones and marriages, but eventually there's a level of hate and abuse you can't repair. The situation in the country looks like this on a bigger scale. It's time for the right and the left to get divorced and lie in the beds they each made.

This may sound extreme, but I prefer this to civil war, burning businesses, killing civilians, slandering and censoring, hatred, fear, angst, cuckolded government, cancel culture etc.

Another way to look at this is that historically, boundaries are usually drawn after a war. Civil war has already begun - but my suggestion is to divide the country before the war and save lives, instead of killing a ton of people unnecessarily. Also, this way, the dividing line could be ideological instead of arbitrary.
Working...
X