A Look Into Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Look Into Cancer

http://www.rebellesociety.com/2019/0...ldskelly-dark/Volcana said I represent the dark side of the moon and I would like more elaboration on what this looks like.
    Last edited by Mahat; 11-02-2019, 01:59 PM.

At the time when I said that, I was in a moment of 'revelation' while ideas and connections poured through me. Since then, I've done some reading and thinking about the signs, 'feminine vs masculine,' how different elements connect to chakras - and I've actually returned to things that I felt and sensed before all of this studying. So I don't think I can easily repeat what I had said before - but I can rephrase the essence of it. Basically, in your collages there are a lot of 'red moons.' You talk about wearing masks, which made me think of the moon hiding parts of itself. But I said "dark side of the moon" because the mask seems more like something you do consistently. Like you live in this other place (the dark side) while the world sees slivers of whatever you show them. Visually this made sense with the moon, but I have actually reconsidered a lot of this symbolism since then. I started a thread asking, what is femininity and what is masculinity? I think these questions tie together.

But I see the issue. From what I understand, your western chart is very feminine while your vedic chart is very masculine, but neither seems to be getting at the essence of what you are. So, I'm also curious to hear interpretations from more advanced astrology folks.

Comment

As for the rest of the post, YES. I've had similar rants about Libra, too. I'll have to post that thread here - it's stored somewhere else right now. The cuckolding of these types is absurd. But you did a good job separating that watered down crap from the meat, and still elaborating on why it's not quite "you," even if you see past the internet idiocy and into the real essence of the type. But that also begs questions about your enneagram. Like why 2 - even 2w1 with super introverted tritype - if mother stuff is 'bleh' even in the dark side of it. Not that I'm retyping you or questioning your type per se (though I'm always open), but this seems like it's all one big conversation. I feel like there's some connection here and I'm not sure yet what it is.

Thana I edited a little.

Comment

• Mahat
        Mahat commented
        Editing a comment
        It makes me wonder hmmmmm.....

Comment

Thana Hi, there can be a few reasons why you might not relate to your main signs, such as if they are in the 12th house (hidden, subconscious, elusive to you) or if you had them in the same sign as your chiron, etc. For example, I have a virgo rising and chiron in virgo, so I tend not to feel very confident in virgo energy, chiron being deepest held pain and insecurities, to have it as my rising sign feels like a facade and not very relatable, but others will still see me as being virgo like nonetheless as my rising sign (sign/archetype of the first impression you give to others).
        I did find your chart in the astrology thread and your sun and venus are in the 12th house, so it is not surprising you wouldn't feel close to those energies, they are deep in your subconscious in the 12th house. You may resonate more closely to virgo energy with moon and jupiter in virgo. Most people tend to resonate more closely to their moon sign, as it is their hidden self and emotional sphere. In the sign of virgo you would be grounded and practical, meticulous and efficient. Not exactly the descriptions you'll read for a cancer.... however, a commonality you'll find with cancer and virgo is they both can be very caring, virgo's are just more practical about their care, they often are selflessly helping others. Also, if I'm not mistaken, 12th house sun can bring a confused sense of self, since your sun sign is your ego, and in the 12th house your ego is sorta in the subconscious, so your ego needs may be elusive to you altogether.
        Last edited by isfTay; 11-03-2019, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Mahat
          Mahat commented
          Editing a comment
          This makes a lot of sense! Thank you

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that does make a lot of sense to me too. isfTay - you're good at this!

So to elaborate on what I meant about enneagram, I do agree (strongly) with your full typing - 2w1-9w1-5w4 Sp/Sx . And I do see you the same way you wrote - "Water/Mist/Ice" as your elements, "Deep sea creature" as spirit animal, etc.

Water is the womb of the world, and womb is connected to type 2 in enneagram. In your case, you're more interested in "death-ing" (being a mortician) than in "birth-ing" or "mothering." But those seem to be two sides of a similar archetype. Scorpio also is associated with transition and is also a water sign interestingly, but all the death stuff is given to Scorpio whereas in my mind, where there is birth there is also death, so you can't really separate these into separate archetypes. Maybe that's my bias though.

Anyway, considering we both agree on your archetypes - deep sea creature, water/mist/ice, and the tritype and lead type - the chart actually seems to fit perfectly. What isfTay wrote here, actually answers the question I had - which is, how can these archetypes be correct if the chart isn't? It seems indeed like theres some unconscious stuff going on around these issues, though I wouldn't presume to know what.

So that's what I was going to ask: if you relate to the tritype, specifically 2w1 but the other types matter too --- and you don't relate to Cancer -- then what, in your eyes, is the fundamental difference between them?

Comment

• Mahat
          Mahat commented
          Editing a comment
          Will answer later. Brunch with a friend

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          No rush <3 it's a huge question!

VolcanaisfTayhttps://m.tarot.com/tarot/chariot-ta...er-zodiac-sign
        Last edited by Mahat; 11-04-2019, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X