The 8th House.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 8th House.

Let's talk about the 8th House and how it affects you. I have my Moon, Venus, Saturn, and Uranus in my 8th House, which is in Sagittarius. I also have Pluto in Scorpio 7th house, which is added 8th House energy.

I'm still making sense of it, but I do think themes of death, transcendence, rebirth, sex, and mystery have all been prevalent themes throughout my life. I'll go into more of it later, but how has your 8th House shaped your personality and the themes of your life?

My sun and Pluto are in 8th, both in Libra - but my 8th house spans both Libra and Scorpio. For what it's worth, I also have Mercury and Uranus in Scorpio in the 9th house.

I wrote my website content before I got into astrology, but it encapsulates the themes of passion, death, rebirth, catharsis.

Obviously, considering its placement on the first page of my website, there are no themes more important and central for me than honoring my passion, diving deep until the point of catharsis, and being reborn. And for me this is not just a figure of speech. There are real, concrete implications, like losing everything to illness and forging myself from the wreckage.

I was a professional singer as a teen, deep into music all my life; I spent my entire childhood absorbed in music, practicing, performing, obsessing. Then an illness nearly killed me, left me speaking in a whisper forever, and kept me sick forever. I still can't survive without medicine; I still can't get better 23 years later.

Nonetheless I rose from my ashes and sang lead through my whisper and lead a band to perform my songs - which was nothing short of miraculous, though it also required determined hard work. I had to eat in a specific way, vacuum constantly, work out, stay very on top of my health, avoid socializing in loud places (or really at all) - even to get a sliver of a sound out for shows. But I did it! I recorded one out of my three written albums before I got too sick to continue.

I catch each wave of health and direct it to actualize my goals and visions. When I'm too unhealthy to forge forward, I work on whatever I can, still aiming to complete my ongoing projects. I express what I'm going through in various ways - outfits, music, writing, photos. You can see my incarnations here. Each one is a reflection of what I felt inside. The accompanying songs, art, videos, writing and so forth - also unravel this ongoing evolution.

Here was a post I wrote on an 8th house forum soon after I got into astrology:

I have 8th house sun in Libra (close to Scorpio) and Pluto Libra 8th, and also, 1st house Moon in Pisces square Mars in Sagittarius. MH is also Sagittarius, Mercury in Scorpio.

I have fire/water, death/rebirth, sex/blood/death/rebirth themes all over the place. It is so central to my life that it's the main theme on my website, first page. The more I look at my chart the more sense it makes. I felt distant from Libra for so long, as it was always described as some sweet do-gooder, indecisive nice wifey type, which is not me at all. People compare my collage work to Kali who I only found out about AFTER making the collages below, and many more like it. *Note, I'm musician and writer, not much of visual artist, but I can't stop my creative energy from flowing out on a constant basis.

Anyone else relate to sex/death themes, constant creative output and fire/water stuff? I am now learning the many elements in my chart pointing to this but I wonder how much of it is relevant to 8th house influence.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-14 21.57.25.png Views:	0 Size:	906.8 KB ID:	2468
    I was a professional singer and lost my voice to an illness at 16.. then the ghost of my voice came back from the grave and I sang lead through my whisper, long enough to record my first album and front my band for a few years, til the health issues caught up again. I rise over and over, each time I fall, transforming like a phoenix, reborn from my own losses.

Click image for larger version  Name:	37743852_10160683805570322_1500465215907561472_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	2469
    Last edited by Animal; 11-14-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X