• Show
Clear All

Perception

Thoughts on Art and Life

Post examples of how you perceive.

Comment

I wrote this in a post about Se several months ago:

is
      Although this flow state is best captured in video - and I do have old videos in formats I can't upload for now - I also tend to take pictures that encapsulate it. A picture tells a story. So let's take, for example, the picture we ended up using for the Archetribe banner. I took this picture about 15 years ago.

The Islands of Erosia were animated by Nokoma, the God of Passion.

Every time I look at this picture, it evokes the idea of "As above, so below." I don't think in words, nor did I even know that phrase until this past year - but that is the general idea behind what the picture does for me, non-verbally.

There is a reflection of the sun in the water, and around it, you can see something that looks like stars. The water is both black and white (day and night), but on the other hand, the actual water is neither of those things. That picture shows so many cosmic entities all in one frame, bringing different times of day and night all together in one shot. Night is day, day is night, there are stars in the water, sun in the stars. It's real, and yet it isn't real. And all of this comes from reflection.

Any time you look at your own reflection in the mirror, you can see the whole world. Eyes reflect light and shadow. The mirror in the water is the same as the reflection in the mirror.

When this banner made its way to the top of this website, Daeva and I had tried various banners. This one felt right, though there was no discussion of meaning. But I told him once it was up - that every time I see that picture I experience (not in words) the dance between these cosmic forces... which is basically what the website is about.

I see the world this way, generally, and that's what I meant in my Se paragraph. Deeper sentiments and 'truths' are displayed everywhere. It's natural law.

Comment

Comment

Volcanais non-verbal. Love.

And yes, very Se.

Comment

this shows an aspect of how I perceive geometry in all things
            Last edited by ledyanoy; 10-25-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Interesting ledyanoy - I perceive a kind of 'expression of emotion' in all things. The world cries (rain) and gets angry (volcanos) just like me. It seems like a Si vs Se difference, where you're seeing how it all ties together and weaves over time. Not sure how to articulate this.

I don't relate to these songs per se, except the Halestorm song. But the video style shows how the elements reflect their emotions. I relate strongly to their styles of portraying this. On CT, Jeff Martin was typed as SeTi, Jared Leto as TiSe and Lzzy Hale as SeFi.

Here his explosive emotion is reflected and he's in the middle of it...

Here I see the environment reflecting the emptiness within... the "lie."

This is pretty splat , but still makes the point....

In all cases, the elements match the point of the lyrics, all of which are straight forward. It doesn't require major interpetation to see how they align. This is exactly how I use symbolism. It's obvious why things go together. This is the case in my dreams too. The symbolism that shows up in conjunction with the emotions, dialogue and people is very obvious and easy to interpret. It's usually quite primal - water, fire, mountains, war, blood, whatever. In my writing and pictures, deeper symbolism kind of 'writes itself through me.' For instance in my novel there will be a certain type of bird in the background, and later on I find out that this bird stands for trickery, which is what was being portrayed. So I definitely experience the collective unconscious. But my conscious and constant daily experience is more like these videos, although I'll be happier when I can post my own videos to show what I mean, because obviously my own work will be more accurate to portray my inner life.

Comment

• ledyanoy
                ledyanoy commented
                Editing a comment
                You are so far ahead of me on contextualizing the Se and Si. Going to watch the videos. ?

Comment

Volcana
                Last edited by ledyanoy; 10-26-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Animal
                  Animal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha no problem. He's in Antarctica there, trying to raise money for a cause. I haven't looked much into it but I know his band is very liberal and they raise money for causes related to the environment, which is what that was. I really don't pay attention to the political aspects though.

The last video by Halestorm - now I know what I miss (never got about) with Se-high types. ??

It will take me some time to sit with and offer any intelligent feedback about - if you want. But, I love what you shared Volcana. I have an FiSe close to me who does love this type of metal music. Evanescence is one I recall.

Comment

• Animal
                  Animal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I always love your feedback! No pressure but if anything comes to you and you have the time that would be awesome

It's funny you call it metal. I'm not as into Evanescence although I like some of her songs. I don't identify as much with how she does things. Pretty sure they typed her as NeFi over at CT, and this makes sense to me because she has more 'fantasy' and also more 'surrender' than the Se's. She doesn't use symbolism the same way as the Se-heavies, or at least it doesn't come off that way to me; it's more of an aesthetic or building a fantasy world.

• ledyanoy
                  ledyanoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I am out of my zone with this music, so metal was probably not right on. I dunno it seems maybe soft-metal goth? I always feel like the heavy riffs and drone evoke metal...and the wailing. ?

Interesting re CT Ne and fantasy. I think maybe the Fi was a major factor in the music for the person.
              Working...
              X