Carpe Diem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpe Diem

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/...-seize-the-daycarpe diemcarpe diemCarpe Diem Regained: The Vanishing Art of Seizing the Daycarpe diem

carpe diemCarpe diemcarpe diemEastern promise

carpe diem . carpe diemone of his greatest literary loves.

carpe diemcarpe diemLife or deathcarpe diem

memento mori

This morning, I looked outside and it was sunny, with perfect weather. Usually on Saturdays, my husband and I take the day for ourselves. When I saw the beautiful weather the words popped into my mind: "Seize the Day." While I was waiting for him, I typed "seize the day" into the browser on my phone. I don't usually do this type of thing. But it was a whim. I stumbled on this article that sums up my baseline criticism of modern society. I regularly criticize Christianity for being too sober and sucking the joy out of life on a cultural level; television for turning us into zombies and ruining our minds and senses; ridiculous work and school schedules; so much more. I call myself Animal because this modern society, in all these ways, has pushed us to lose touch with the inner animal - and I simply refuse to play along. I do indulge in internet to communicate with people and complete my projects, but I never watched tv in my entire life, for example. And I am writing a book which begins with a strict society that bans individual music and art, and it shows my characters rebelling to enjoy their lives and discover who they are. But the character who is most like me refused to even learn to read, because he doesn't want to divorce himself from his natural instincts. (Obviously, I am not like this - but I have a very different circumstance, so my choices make sense in my circumstance, even if they come from the same psychological place.)

This might as well be the only point I ever make in my entire life. I live to embody it. They made joy into a sin - so I am the devil, and I'm here to remind you that I'm far more big-hearted, beautiful, lively, and natural than the scriptures say I am.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	d861b2324cbf0a78087c07ef6dfbebd5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	11670

?

Along with touching on my life philosophy, that article sums up why I reject Christianity. The "sobriety" and making joy into a sin and the cultural impact that their mindset has, is why I relate more to Satanists than to them, even though I'm not a Satanist. I don't relate to the God-Devil dichotomy at all, but in the context of discussing Christianity and the impact of 'sin mindset' on modern society, I not only feel the devil is the good guy, but work to become the devil. The one who offers knowledge, enjoys pleasure, makes love like there's no tomorrow, and reminds others to indulge beauty, their senses, and the joys of life. And there is no way to do that without embracing death, and staring it in the face. I learned that long ago.
    Last edited by Animal; 09-11-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I agree with you Animal. In my psychological journey, I have seen that the "devil" is usually the Se psychology, in a certain way, among other things (even Auburn sees this some way and says Se women especially unearth the "chthonic," the underworld (to society) of the erotic and sexual (you can check the definitive vultology of FiSe, he mentions it there). I believe the historical Jesus was either NiFe or FeNi (I go more with NiFe) and his teachings and the Christian church's additions, I believe, come from seeing Se in a shadow aspect to their cognition. I am heavily Ni and I see this polarity within myself , seeing my desires as too animalistic, too much to even admit to anyone out of fear of ridicule or disgust. However, I do accept them to myself because I am aware of them and logically I know I am an animal/a creature so there is no problem (even if I don't normally feel like one since I still feel weird about my body and animal things most of the time).It shouldn't be an issue and yet it is, and I partly blame it on our creators who made this cognitive polarity between Ni and Se. I don't blame them for the sin part though, seeing animality as sin is what Christians created : they believe we are half divine (Ni) half beast (Se) and the beast (Se) is the source of our sins and the devil is portrayed as a goat, an animal, or funnily enough as a human with horns (beast) that plays practical and malicious jokes on people lol which is more of the Pe playfulness in there. I have heard sayings like the devil plays trick on people and watch out for the devil and the devil tempts you (to drink, smoke and sex). So yeah, its no wonder you are against that and support the devil even if you are not satanist.

Comment

• Animal
        Animal commented
        Editing a comment
        I love this post! I'm so sorry about the late reply. I've been mega busy.

Originally posted by Gnosia View Post
      I agree with you Animal. In my psychological journey, I have seen that the "devil" is usually the Se psychology, in a certain way, among other things (even Auburn sees this some way and says Se women especially unearth the "chthonic," the underworld (to society) of the erotic and sexual (you can check the definitive vultology of FiSe, he mentions it there).
      Exactly! I have talked about this so much. I also relate to it ? and the devil card.

I believe the historical Jesus was either NiFe or FeNi (I go more with NiFe) and his teachings and the Christian church's additions, I believe, come from seeing Se in a shadow aspect to their cognition. I am heavily Ni and I see this polarity within myself , seeing my desires as too animalistic, too much to even admit to anyone out of fear of ridicule or disgust. However, I do accept them to myself because I am aware of them and logically I know I am an animal/a creature so there is no problem (even if I don't normally feel like one since I still feel weird about my body and animal things most of the time).It shouldn't be an issue and yet it is, and I partly blame it on our creators who made this cognitive polarity between Ni and Se.
      Ahh this is so interesting! Do you have something in your past - like religions shaming - to account for this? Actually now that I think about it, I've seen complexes around this in a lot of Ni leads.

I don't blame them for the sin part though, seeing animality as sin is what Christians created : they believe we are half divine (Ni) half beast (Se) and the beast (Se) is the source of our sins and the devil is portrayed as a goat, an animal, or funnily enough as a human with horns (beast) that plays practical and malicious jokes on people lol which is more of the Pe playfulness in there. I have heard sayings like the devil plays trick on people and watch out for the devil and the devil tempts you (to drink, smoke and sex). So yeah, its no wonder you are against that and support the devil even if you are not satanist.
      Yeah.. I resonate with all the concepts associated with the devil here, and yet I constantly receive commentary about my big heart. I know I'm far from perfect, and I have the capacity to hurt people just like everyone does... but I am not morally or interpersonally worse than anyone else, and I generally have strong, lasting, loyal relationships. There's no reason why animalistic appetite and passion should be equated to 'badness.'

Comment

Buy Changa DMT Online

Changa is the DMT-instilled smoking blend. Therefore extracting from DMT-contained plants is combined with the blend of various herbs while Ayahuasca vine or leaf creates a mix, which is having 20 to 50% of DMT, similar to a smoke-able Ayahuasca. Trippy Today is the best place to Buy Psychedelics Online as well as Buy DMT and you can get Changa for Sale at extremely lower rates. Order Changa Now!

+1 972 855 8721

https://psychedelicszoomies.com/product/n-n-di-methyl-tryptamine-vaporizer/

https://psychedelicszoomies.com/shop-2__trashed/

https://psychedelicszoomies.com/product/n-n-di-methyl-tryptamine-vaporizer/

https://psychedelicszoomies.com/product/micro-dose-400mg…ganic-psilocybin/

https://psychedelicszoomies.com/product/blue-meanie-magic-mushrooms-2/

Comment

Working...
        X