Energy work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy work

So does anyone here have any experience with energy work in any way, anyhow?
    Turning pain into power.

Robin Jayne Goldsmith I'm thinking chakra work, energy healing work, etc. I have very little experience with it. Whenever I get a stomach ache or headache, or even period related pain, I use a technique that I don't remember where I've learned about. I use my hands, place them on that body part and focus on healing it, using different mental images. I was shocked the first time I did that it actually worked. I tried it on other people and worked too. But it's definitely mentally draining.
    Turning pain into power.

Comment

• RALA
      RALA commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, the thing I do with my hands, the heat sensation and the tingling are INSANE

• RALA
      RALA commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure. I'm safe as long as I'm not really practicing any of this though. Definitely will dig into this.

• RALA
      RALA commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do.

As a young child, I figured out a form of energy work by instinct. I used it to perform acts of emotional healing. I would bubble up people's emotional energy in pockets of my own, take it in and transmute it back to base. I also have attempted it on physical ailments, but I'm not always as successful with that.

Comment

RALA I accidentally discovered energy work as a teenager. I realized I could move energy up and down my body at will. I would start down at my toes and make them warm and tingly and then draw it all the way up my body up to the crown of my head until I got a buzzing sensation on my forehead and felt like it was shooting up through the crown of my head. I remember my heart chakra was specifically very very open, but when I got to my throat it would ache and ache. Always a troublesome spot. But anyways, I would do that until I felt like my entire body was floating and weightless, and then I would envision myself jumping off something high and just falling and falling. But I also got really dark visions sometimes of black dragons and stuff and I started hyperventilating once and had to stop. My mom had us doing tai chi for a while, and I used to do yoga with her, so I think I have may have awoken something that way. The first thing I learned was how to make my hands tingle and give off warmth. I've never been very good at healing others though through this. I've only ever been good at directing it through myself. My grandma though is like you in that she has the gift of healing hands. She'll like barely touch me and it's like tingles go through my entire body and physical symptoms and mental ones get better. She never did any tai chi work or anything, but I know she was always drawn to the gift of healing hands at church and she'd have all of these spiritual experiences. I think it's my five fix that stops me from being able to share with others like that, which I guess is something to work on. I hoard energy and it's easy for me to pull it into myself. My yoga teacher this semester also had a very, very strong gift for healing. She would just stand over you and all the tension would roll away. I'm actually not sure exactly what she did because we'd just lay in the dark with our eyes closed at the end of class. She was very very quiet and at first I wasn't sure if she was moving around the room, but she would, and every time I could feel her energy. I just remembered something else I used to do. I would go outside and walk around barefoot. It would make my feet tingle and I would envision pulling up all the energy out of the earth.
      Last edited by SpiritoftheGael; 01-02-2020, 02:20 PM.
      The day is done, and the darkness

Falls from the wings of Night,

As a feather is wafted downward

From an eagle in his flight.

I see the lights of the village

Gleam through the rain and the mist,

And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me

That my soul cannot resist:

A feeling of sadness and longing,

That is not akin to pain,

And resembles sorrow only

As the mist resembles the rain.

Comment

• Quindary
        Quindary commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can pull energy into yourself... and this was one of the earliest things I discovered to do with people... you can use that draw to heal. People sometimes need to shed energy too.

• SpiritoftheGael
        SpiritoftheGael commented
        Editing a comment
        Quindary I know that's true logically, but I feel blocked somehow. I'm not sure why. I feel like I become a dam about to burst sometimes, and then sometimes I'll let it out and then it's like I just carry everything along. Maybe I am also afraid of my own force. I suppose the 9-5 mix really heightens it.

Arya in my case, it's my heart chakra that is messed up and very closed. I have a very hard time with forgiveness, which is a big factor that has caused that for me. Also, about the hoarding energy and pulling it into yourself, I think that's very sx, because I'm sp and what I do is totally block out or PUSH out people's energy when I feel them affecting me. And it's something that I realized recently, but I've always done it because I am a very emotional person and I basically live in my emotions and I can detect/feel people's energy immediately. Especially when it's the bad and sticky kind of energy that repulses me. Anyways, I cannot stand having another outside energy interfere with mine, UNLESS it is someone I like a lot and whose energy I enjoy, then that totally changes and I go all the way in. Just to freak out after and run, but that's a different story haha.

I cannot imagine envisioning my self jumping off something very high and falling and falling, I would die of a heart attack lmao. What I do like envisioning when I need to feel safe is floating in the middle of a deep sea during night time all alone in the middle of nowhere. Just me and the sea.
      Turning pain into power.

Comment

I practice reiki and am learning about crystal healing if that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Qassim View Post
          I practice reiki and am learning about crystal healing if that matters.
          I just got a lot of crystals as a gift and have no idea how to use them whatsoever
          Turning pain into power.

Comment

• Qassim
            Qassim commented
            Editing a comment
            Which ones are they?

Qassim these
          Turning pain into power.

Comment

• Qassim
            Qassim commented
            Editing a comment
            These...are wonderful. The point ones are for directing the flow of energy, although this is probably better done with natural quartz points. Round ones are good for scrying, if you know how to do that. Mainly, though, these are ones I'd carry around to absorb the properties of over time.
        Working...
        X