Quitting Smoking: A New, Painful Beginning to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting Smoking: A New, Painful Beginning to 2020

I've been smoking on a frequent basis for close to three years now. Given that I can't run for more than 2 minutes without feeling severe and sharp pain in my lungs, go through ridiculously tedious efforts to hide my habit from people close to me, have wasted hundreds of dollars that could've been used to buy overpriced textbooks or download personal erotica, and it's new years, I've definitively(key word) made the decision to quit.

In order to uphold this promise to myself, I'm going to be posting daily withdrawal vlogs on this thread for whoever wants to view them, lend friendly support(<3 buddies <3), keep me check, or laugh at my pain. This will make it far more motivating to follow through.

Wish me luck, fellow companions

Good luck! I hear it's incredibly hard to quit, and this is a good idea to help you along. You got this

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eXq5ZSk688

Comment

https://secure.screenrec.com/F7dzsA8fR4

Day 2, First LSD Trip

Comment

Hey ! Congratulations for quitting !

I recently quit smoking too. I started having a throat issue - it's not yet very clear to me if it's an ENT problem or a thyroid problem or both, but anyway, since it started to become worse, I realized I must at least quit smoking ! And I know it's strange, but I felt almost no withdrawal symptoms, though I have quit smoking before and had nasty withdrawal effects last time I did.

But this time I was just hyper focusing on my health. Maybe this can be helpful to you too - to keep thinking of the benefits for your health.

From my previous experience of quitting smoking I can say the first 3 days were the worst. So, after the third day, it got significantly easier for me to not smoke anymore. I think I saw this mentioned in a video about quitting smoking and it's also possible I convinced myself the first three days are the hardest and my body reacted accordingly.

Comment

Working...
          X