Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your New Years Resolutions!

Share your New Years resolutions!

Click image for larger version  Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.istockphoto.com%2Fvectors%2Fhappy-new-year-2020-vector-id875054510%3Fk%3D6%26m%3D875054510%26s%3D612x612%26w%3D0%26h%3DU2JM3hZoExD_wDMTGvECz1VNpNwJII0UUBe7NKruDDc%3D&f=1&nofb=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	5458

You can use this thread throughout the year to track your progress.

Also, I'd suggest that if you want to be made accountable for your resolutions, make a note of it. You and another member can agree to hold each other accountable, like a buddy system.
    (Of course, not everyone has to do this.)

Excited to see your hopes & dreams for the coming year

1. Get in shape.
    Maintain a muscular 130-135. Get down to 135 before the summer. Gym or heavy workout 3x per week. (Note: exception may be if treatment makes this impossible or unbearable in Jan-Feb. If so, begin when viable.)

Photo from a decade ago:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4f50807c52a8e85c3705647098b90426.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	5460

2. Pass finished book 1 draft to publisher/editor/next step by Valentines Day.

3. Publish by the end of the year.

4. Film some of the videos for first album in Rockland this summer, after weight is down. Film with Daeva ! First video took 3 months of work. Others should take less time. Less is more.

5. Move before Sept.

6. Start treatment and jaw consulting in Jan. Allergist can wait til we move.

I will update on my progress here!
    No buddy systems for me - although you're free to comment or ask about my progress if the whim strikes. I have too much to keep track of so I am not a reliable buddy for someone else. But I am curious to check out your stuff and check in on my own time

Comment

1. Quit smoking for good.

2. Continue my ED recovery process and work on improving my general self-nurturing habits(emotional too).

3. Work on my relationships with those close to me(and people in general as well), detaching a little bit from my self-centered nature and allowing for a more complete Anthony-to-world experience.

4. Make more of an ACTUAL effort to improve my mood, not letting myself drown in a sea of negativity and self-sabotage.

Secondary, but still important concerns(not really "resolutions"):

5. Get another 4.0 next semester.

6. Continue to improve my programming skill, finish my projects and create new, innovative and beautiful ones.

Comment

1) Do some minimal therapy to fix my elbow
        2) once that's done, begin a beginner workout 3-5 times a week. the progression is as follows
        1. heal elbow
        2. beginner workout to get in basic shape
        3. beginner hypertrophy/bulking workout
        4. cutting workout
        5. more advanced workout for body sculpting and targeting specific areas
        3) Begin stock trading with at least one system by the end of the year. That means I need at least one system (preferably 3-5), a good enough PC, a platoform, scans, and, at least for the beginning, a chat room to discuss trades with more experienced traders.

Comment

• PleasureToBurn
          PleasureToBurn commented
          Editing a comment
          Dow? FX? Options? What kind of trading are you doing?

• BalalaikaBoy
          BalalaikaBoy commented
          Editing a comment
          medium cap, equities day trading (maybe 5 or so trades a day). probably starting with something simple like a system correlating VWAP, moving averages and possibly MACD and RSI

• PleasureToBurn
          PleasureToBurn commented
          Editing a comment
          Look into candle stick patterns.

-Finish book.
        -Get back in shape.
        -Work on larger paintings.
        -Finish first draft of second book.
        -Complete album.
        -Gain a better understanding of 12 tone set theory, painting, Lydian Chromatic Concept, and trading.
        -Compose one piece using set theory.
        -Get a better grasp of applying quartal harmony, drop 2 and 3 voicings, and counterpoint on guitar, especially in improvisation.
        -Draw/paint a self portrait.
        -Get to Texas.

Comment

Working...
        X