Mainstream things that are...actually good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainstream things that are...actually good

wasn't sure which subforum to put this in, as it can describe anything mainstream

1) pumpkin spice
    2) lots of basic white girl diets in general (grassfed beef, wild caught fish, keto, avocados on everything)
    3) My Hero Academia
    4) BBQ
    5) Game of Thrones (pre season 7)

Comment

BalalaikaBoy
      ???????1. gluten free and vegan made food being everywhere (I am not vegan but I am allergic to eggs, so vegan food can be convenient for me). I honestly don't understand why everyone bitches so much about people who are gluten free as a fad. I don't give a shit. Because of those people gluten free options are everywhere for people like me. Keep on fadsters. I also don't have to spend much time explaining it to people because people know what it is.

2. Guns. Yes, they're still mainstream in large swaths of the US despite a very shrieky minority.

3. A lot of the Marvel movies (some suck but there's quite a few really good ones)

4. YouTube (kind of on this one. I have a lot of complaints over YouTube right now, but for the moment I will say that it's free education and entertainment. I have learned more from Indian youtubers than from college probably.)
      The day is done, and the darkness

Falls from the wings of Night,

As a feather is wafted downward

From an eagle in his flight.

I see the lights of the village

Gleam through the rain and the mist,

And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me

That my soul cannot resist:

A feeling of sadness and longing,

That is not akin to pain,

And resembles sorrow only

As the mist resembles the rain.

Comment

1) Star wars!
        2) Game of Thrones (agreeing with BalalaikaBoy )
        3) Dairy-free milk
        4) GUNS! (Agreeing with Arya )
        5) Marvel (agreeing again!)
        6) Some mainstream bands from the past - Queen, the Beatles, etc.
        7) Cats. (the animal, not the musical.)

Comment

• SpiritoftheGael
          SpiritoftheGael commented
          Editing a comment
          Cat memes hehe Animal

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          Kitties ^ - ^

• [redacted]
          [redacted] commented
          Editing a comment
          the musical is good as well, however

1) Blonde, blue-eyed, tall thin white men. Ok, they're rare in the USA, but the 'look' is considered hot in the mainstream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	6207

Comment

• RALA
          RALA commented
          Editing a comment
          agreed, except that TOO thin

Some more:

1. Cell phones. Despite how addicting they are, they have made life much safer and convenient.

2. Spotify. I'm sure someone is going to disagree with me and say the artists get jack shit, which is true. The artists get jack shit no matter what. Spotify is still fucking great though and can give artists exposure from the recommended playlists. Go see the artist live if you want to them to make money.

3. "Hipster" mashed potatoes where it's trendy to leave the peels on and have lumps in your mashed potatoes. It means I get to be lazy when making mashed potatoes and still look like a great cook. My grandma told me that in her generation that if you had lumps in your mashed potatoes you were a terrible cook.
        The day is done, and the darkness

Falls from the wings of Night,

As a feather is wafted downward

From an eagle in his flight.

I see the lights of the village

Gleam through the rain and the mist,

And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me

That my soul cannot resist:

A feeling of sadness and longing,

That is not akin to pain,

And resembles sorrow only

As the mist resembles the rain.

Comment

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          I always make mashed potatoes with the peels on! I just wash them well. I had no idea this was hip. I just did it myself. . Also I had no idea spotify was so good. I guess I'll try it.

• SpiritoftheGael
          SpiritoftheGael commented
          Editing a comment
          Animal Spotify is great because you can find all of the full albums for practically any artist and you can make huge playlists and download the songs, so that they'll still play without wifi. They'll also give you recommended stuff based off of what you play often.

It's definitely way healthier to eat mashed potatoes with the peel on. It has all the nutrients. But yeah, it's become hip. Last time I went to Denny's which is the epitome of mainstream America, they were offering red potato mashed potatoes and they left the skin and the lumps in. They were actually pretty good. I was shocked by how good Denny's has gotten because I also ordered their sauteed veggies and it was obvious they grilled them in real butter. And they have everything on their menu marked as to whether it's gluten free or not.

Animal
        YES! blond men with blue eyes

some more
        1) the Victorian goth aesthetic
        2) Goodwill
        3) Christmas decorations
        4) British accents
        5) money
        6) swords

Comment

Dogs. Can sniff out cancer, track people and animals, guard your home, attack people, herd and lead other animals, help the blind and people with trauma, plus they're loyal as fuck.

Comment

"Never Gonna Give You Up" is actually a good song. It's so rare to find a male singing with a powerful chest voice! tbh, I like some of his other work too. personally I like "Together Forever" slightly better. IT's kinda corny, but it sounds halfway like Japanese eurobeat, which makes it a win in my book.

Comment

Working...
            X