Art Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art Analysis

Post artwork (visual, video, music, literature, etc.) you like and analyze why you like it.

I made a thread on one artist and why liked his art:
    https://archetribe.com/forum/soul/ar...rea-mej%C3%ADa

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	360-lascaux-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	8119

I was lucky enough to visit the Lascaux Cave when i was a child. Probably 7 or so.
      Was speechless the whole time.
      Calling them "paintings" doesn't do them justice.
      It's a 4 dimension experience. Moving shadows and lights, echoing sounds, twisting space-time.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	harvest.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	8147Click image for larger version  Name:	stretchedfacewoman.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.9 KB ID:	8148
        Click image for larger version  Name:	armclock.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	8149
        I first encountered Peter-Joel Witkin's art in NIN's "Closer" video when I was 10:

But it wasn't until sometime in middle school when I got more invested in the arts that I started to appreciate his photography. Cronenberg-like body horror has always held a fascination for me especially as someone (more so in the past) who's had problems with body image issues which made me more salient to the concept of the politics and the aesthetics of the body (and by extension the mind-body problem). The body is the manifestation of the mind, and I'm not talking about in the strictly philosophical, metaphysical sense in that the body is the direct construction of the mind, but rather it's aesthetics and well-being are dictated by our minds and the collective mind. This isn't a new concept - the postmodernists and their ilk have repeatedly conceptualized this. But as far as body horror is concerned, these chimera bodies stretch the limits of what is human and what the human body could do, and the possible implications of all of these. Even those with non-traditional bodies, like the obese, disabled, and disfigured are treated as the other. Their bodies and appearance are given the framework to view their humanity. Not only does this hold interest in me, but I've always been attracted to the fringes and the extremes.

Comment

Working...
        X