X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moral Alignment

Let's talk moral alignment!

I'm not sure if these are good descriptions, but here it is:

Here's a test. Though, as usual, I don't always go by test results. The test result can stimulate conversation, but the meat is in self-examination and discussion. So, let's have at it!
    https://www.idrlabs.com/moral-alignm...1QdpZIPZxKPlb4

Here's a website with decent descriptions of each alignment:

http://easydamus.com/alignment.html

Don't take it for gospel though. I'm sure we can disagree plenty about the descriptions. But it's a good start.
    Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

I think I'm both neutral good and lawful neutral. I like following "rules" to the point of caricature when it's recreational. For example, earlier this year when I hosted a tea party, I spent weeks researching guidelines on how to do this and even became annoyed when I couldn't find a detailed how-to. I used the tiered cake tray, baked two kinds of cake, muffins, and scones, made three types of sandwiches, bought a matching tea set, tablecloth, researched what time to hold it, etc. I'm meticulous and thorough and I find it very fun to be meticulous and thorough when it comes to things that don't really matter - following rules for the sake of following the rules and the satisfaction I feel when I've followed them well.

When it comes to actual morality though I don't have a lot of faith in rules and law (not like... conceptually. I think law has a place, I just think many of the ones we currently live under are garbage). I don't go out of my way to break rules, but ever since I was a kid, I never perceived authority figures to be better than me and always questioned the guidelines to see if they actually make any sense to me. I've never been shy to speak or act against rules that feel arbitrary (except when it's recreational) or unjust.

Comment

Working...
      X