Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Role of Archetype in the Cosmos, Astrology, Enneagram. Conversation between Mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role of Archetype in the Cosmos, Astrology, Enneagram. Conversation between Mods.

This was a conversation between RALA , Thana , Arya , and myself.

I'm going to divide the text into three sections. The conversation was both personal and general. Keeping that in mind, you may extrapolate some meat regarding enneagram, and how one's outlook on the meaning of soul and 'fixation' might be influenced by type. I could have posted it in the enneagram section, but it goes beyond that into the meaning of an archetype, the death of the universe, and the meaning of soul.

Please note that our ideas on enneagram are subjective. There may be a 9 who doesn't agree with Rala about the meaning of 'soul,' or a 4 who doesn't agree with me. It's not a 'type yourself based on this' thread, but more of a speculation on the role of type in the cosmos.

We were not aiming to make generalizations in a formal way. Originally this was a private conversation among people who have studied enneagram for a long time, and developed a vocabulary that makes sense to us. We decided at the last minute to post it. So, this is food for thought. Feel free to ask questions, respond, disagree, or give your own feedback about how you relate to these concepts.

Note: If nothing else, read part 3. That is the most interesting of the three, but we posted the other two for anyone that wants to see how we tie all these archetypes together and how we experience them personally.
    Last edited by Animal; 10-27-2019, 04:24 PM.

Part 1: Astrology, Chiron, Identity & Enneagram.

Thana 2w1 9w1 5w4 Sp/Sx NiTe

My Chiron in Leo hits me horribly

Volcana 4w3 8w7 5w6 Sp/Sx SeFi

how so?

Basically I have a lack of presence. Anything that Leo has, I have a deficit in

that makes sense.. i could see how that works. i hadnt thought of it completely that way but it makes sense for me too
    not just you have trouble with that sign (like me losing my voice/ throat = taurus second house etc) but also you have a personality defecit around it, like my lack of earth
    and you've talked about presence as an issue with you

Rala 9w1 6w7 4w3 Sp/Sx SeFi

Leo is very imagey and about the self so it makes sense

I had to work to be seen. I had to grasp to matter
    Because fundamentally I feel like nobody

I could say I have a similar issue but i dont think so because with me its unconscious
    I do it without effort
    Because as a 9, deep down I am compelled to be loud to be seen
    Its something i just do, its who i am actually
    And its my Leo Mars
    Naturally loud and attention whore

Thana - as far as subwings go are you typing 2w1(3w2)? i could be wrong about the actual number but thats why i would have guessed 2w1(1w9) because it's like youre still rooted in image ( to be somebody) but you feel like you have to work for it and dont have innate skill with image. so it's like something to 'fix' . and yeah i was gonna say what rala said too about there being more 9 attached to it too or gut around being 'seen' and presence
    also with all the resentment this makes sense

The Chiron in Leo could also indicate a lack of 3 as well
    I like 2w1(1w9) better

Arya 9w8 5w4 2w3 Sx/Sp NiTe

Same Rala
    Im compelled to be loud
    It's hard for me to be invisible

Yeah Im like an extraverted introvert. Or more like.. loud but not sociable

Its different
    Im not a people person at all

Yeah exactly the same
    I get really loud sometimes around people. Just like interjecting myself without thinking

With me its like what goes on on the inside MUST show on the outside and i cant help it

And I got great shame around that

Sometimes I'll just be listening to strangers talk and just randomly interject and them im like why did I do that. It never bothers people but it's also weird

i have mars in sag so i guess i have a loud presence.
    mars in sag is like the 7/8 line

Pretty sure I'm sag in sag or something

Lol I do that too and sometimes i do it in a 1ish way because a lot of times my sister hets annoyed at me for my comments
    Accuses me of being bitchy and judgy
    But Im just giving my opinion or thinking out loud most times

Thana 2w1 9w1 5w4 Sp/Sx NiTeVolcana 4w3 8w7 5w6 Sp/Sx SeFi

oh yes i did see it rala! a few days ago. SO AWESOME . . and yeah
    yeah exactly
    and the reason why it's chiron and so painful is because youre still an image type
    my chiron is painful because, like most people might just laugh this off but for me my pipeline to earth is my self expression and it's through that that i become LESS self absorbed because others relate and then i feel their humanity

Yours is in Taurus?

and the chiron is connected to throat so i lost my self expression , and it makes sense it's at taurus, on the opposite side of most of my signs except my moon. it shows the HUGE disconnect
    yeah rala you were the one who told me taurus was connected to the throat and it might be about voice, you might not remember

I see taurus as bery imagey too
    Its Venus after all

Arya 4w3 8w7 5w6 Sp/Sx SeFi

but that was what made me stop yapping and look into astrology

No i remember, but i wasnt sure if it was taurus or in the second house of taurus
    Last edited by Animal; 10-27-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Part 2: Type Four and Identity

yeah my voice was finely honed and was considered beautiful.
      in a way that no other part of me ever will
      so as a LIBRA IN 8TH who used my voice to transform my libido and passion into beauty and make it manifest through the voice this was an irreparable disconnect and i knew that
      any singer losing their voice is tragic but this was all i had. with my tritype i put all my eggs in one basket and charged forward. with 4 leading i had one identity i knew as a child. it was like i was left with nothing
      merely an animal
      in a way i worship animals and see them as MORE than humans and thats the metaphor too, like im something beyond and something more primal at once; but also i cant connect.
      thats why on the 'whats your enneagram flaws' thread i tried to emphasize the disconnect because thats what it is
      if i cant make Erosia manifest then i only get MORE self absorbed out of trying to find a way to do it
      ironically if i could sing like before i was more selfless and more about others
      like in a balanced way. more integrated
      to 1 and 2
      im not trying to say those types are about others per se but it's more that theres a superego sense of duty and paying attention to whether others are right or not and things like that. i am violently self absorbed and can miss important things with others just assuming it's not my concern even if they're my close friend, just accept who they are and work on myself. theres major self absorption there
      when i was singing in my mid teens and doing better, my attitude was more involved
      because i had my thing 'down, ' i practiced it every day, knew where i was headed and honed it and then i was often helpful, thoughtful, advising others, thinking about their issues in my spare time and how to solve or help, confronting on flaws or what might be wrong, attentive
      i still have this streak but it fluctuates
      which is why i insist that outside my close circle people dont exist to me and i don't think to like or dislike them or confront them on their errors
      so the "pipeline" to earth was my voice and that is what i called it aside from more magical things that it did inside me
      and now theres no easy pipeline
      not that it was easy i worked hard on it, but it was achievable
      so my frustration about chiron is in the same ballpark as you Thana - in the sense that we both have frustration that we cant "reach" people with something about us
      for you presence, for me expression
      and this would make us "Somebody" (to us)
      it's not so much in my case that i need to be SEEN for who i am, but i need to be SOMEBODY, be valued for what i do
      and through that, people would see who i am and those who get it would really get it.
      and thats why all these people going "i don't know who i am" arent fours, four is the need to express the identity you already know you have
      i understand the argument that this identity may be false or arbitrary
      but it's subjective so it's like, whatever
      things like love, identity, God, etc - don't exist to us unless we believe in them. anything that makes life beautiful and fulfilling could be philosophized away by some nihilist saying nothing really exists. and i half agree. it's not about if it REALLY exists, it's about how you want to live your life and focus your energy
      because beauty and emotion clearly "exist" as much as anything can, so if you can tap into the beauty and emotion at the heart of all humanity, then your life is worth living
      there are other things to make life worth living TOO, but that one is mine
      so i really don't see the point in asking, does identity really exist
      it does and doesn't. the end. it's like God. does God exist? does love? you can debate it for eons but then miss the beauty and passion right in front of you
      and THAT is why four is romantic. however there are other types that are much more classically romantic TOWARD OTHERS
      four has a romance with honing the beauty of their own identity and its expression
      so taurus is the earthly manifestation of beauty and having a chiron there is basically (for me) four's discomfort with being incarnate.
      the thing inside me is beautiful and fulfilling but i cant make it incarnate.
      Last edited by Animal; 10-28-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Part 3:
        Enneagram 4 leading vs. Enneagram 9 leading, even with 4 fix
        The Meaning of Soul
        Is Enneagram a Fixation to shed, or is it part of a Potentially Healthy Archetype?
        Do we Retain our Archetype after Death, over many Lifetimes?
        The End of the Universe as a Metaphor for the Soul Cycle
        Separation vs. Oneness

a part of me resonates and another part doesnt. Like a part of me is very very subjective and obsessed with my emotions, my pain, my drama, story etc. But a part of me feels heavy and seeks to cut ties with this burden. but then again I cant because then i would lose myself because my pain, my story, my emotions are what makes me me
        like the other part of me seeks a greater truth
        an objective one

all of this is fascinating to me, volcana and rala. I have such a tenuous relationship with my identity.
        I don't know how to conceptualize it

yeah for me it's even beyond my stories and emotions which are still to some degree, incarnate
        for me emotions are still a body thing. what im trying to express is more of this whole symbolic home planet . and this is why i keep saying four is SEPARATE on the opposite end of the enneagram than 9.
        rala obviously has her own identity and her own thoughts, she's not a mishmash of things outside herself. however there's still the drive for an objective shared truth

yeah
        i related sooo much to what [our 9 friend] said once
        about needing a hug from the truth of the Universe or something along those lines

i feel like a spirit from the ether that neither emphasizes the subjective (what interiority is there to draw from) nor the objective but rather synthesizes the two together
        apart from that, I have no idea who I am
        i have self-dysphoria
        the domicide of the self

but volcana, yeah my identity goes beyond just my emotions and my story too. But then i always wonder how I am the expression of my soul on this earth but this expression has been influenced by a lot of things, and this is also ME. but if I was to go back to who i was before my incarnation i would lose a lot of pain, fixations etc
        not lose... it would probably integrate all of this experience into my soul

Thana - a lot of what you say reminds me of things Daeva says. ill get to this in one sec. to answer rala because thats a short answer, this is a HUGE discrepancy in how i experience my identity, what you just said - and a very telling one, because most people would think you're more correct

but i see myself with my fixations staying THE SAME across many lifetimes

it depends how you see life and the universe and the soul i guess
        i think who we are on this earth is just a part of our soul

like ive always been something similar. maybe in some lives i was 5 or 8 leading instead or maybe i cycled through the instincts. but i doubt even that (and im just using enneagram as an example). i feel like all my lifetimes i'd have the exact same configuration and i'd always be me but the lifetimes help me perfect it
        and the universe gives us all these souls worth certain roles that we need to hone in over time and lifetimes
        because to me i CANNOT imagine my identity just changing.
        so my fixation - bias tells me this is the only plausible reality
        dont get me wrong, my identity is VERY MUCH beyond my fixations - but those are part of the picture

yes and i totally understand because my 4 fix feels the same
        when i first learned about this reincarnation theory
        i was like hell no
        it threatened me
        in a way
        Well, i see identity as our fixations
        The soul is free of these fixations
        So I'd like to think that when we die you dont lose who you "were" in a lifetime, you just integrate it into the whole you as you gather awareness and expand
        And in a way it doesnt make sense for your fixations to stay the same over your lifetimes
        If the soul's purpose is to learn and expand as a result of experiencing
        So its goal is to have as many different experiences as possible
        Experiencing different perspectives etc

thats interesting because i don't think identity is our fixations. i think four's role in the world is to express identity which is a very important part of what makes any living being what it is. identity for a healthy four includes pontificating a lot about the identity of humanity, how animal spirits run through us, the fact that we all have a place in the wheel, etc. but the idea that identity is a FIXATION is actually very 9.
        many 9s who are mistyping as fours have LECTURED me that they are a four but they got over their fixation by shedding their need for an identity
        and i can see the beauty in what YOU are saying, but what those 9s don't realize is that it's their fixation (9 ) lending itself to the biased idea (mine is biased too) - that identity is some kind of fixation. because at the root of 9 is the need to shed it and be at one with the universe, without those boundaries caused by separation
        but why it's beautiful when you say it is because you know you're a 9 and own who you are rather than lecture me

Oh Im definitely not lecturing yeah lol
        But you see
        What I am saying now

but the reason i bring up lecturing is because those unhealthy and mistyped 9s show how they just cant process the idea that some people having a strong focus on identity actually in healthier levels is a necessary part of the wheel

Was hard for me to accept and still is kind of strange and painful
        Because Ive always been obsessed with my identity and Im attached to who i am
        What I am saying now is theory. I dont WANT to shed my identity or feel the need to do it
        Its just how I understand the Universe. My understanding of how the universe and consciousness and the idea of souls work

I see everyone as separate actually
        Ive always seen myself as separate and disconnected

"If the soul's purpose is to learn and expand as a result of experiencing So its goal is to have as many different experiences as possible Experiencing different perspectives etc" Yes but this ^^ is specific to 9. and a very beautiful way of expressing it
        but i will never in any lifetime occupy that role
        The 9's soul purpose is those things but the 4's soul purpose is to express identity and at healthy levels or in certain configurations, it's identity of the whole species and the soul itself. but still - the world would not benefit from every soul being the same, per se.

But it makes sense to me we are all an expression of a small puzzle of thr universe/consciousness. So it is natural and important to live it how we do, from a 3rd dimensional point of view

^ yes this
        exactly
        for me overcoming the fixation is not so much about overcoming but it's about channeling it to its greatest heights
        and i think what you're expressing is you trying to channel YOUR fixation to its greatest heights
        and the conflicts there are the 9 vs 4 conflict in yourself for sure

But let me ask. Does the soul have a fixation? Or does it develop it when it is "born" in this world?

i don't see the enneagrams as merely fixations. they are expressions of natural law
        as above, so below
        the fixation happens because we all occupy the beautiful transcendent version of some part of the wheel
        and then when we become incarnate we separate from this wholeness because we are in a body
        and 9s role is to fixate on anger about the separation

"and i think what you're expressing is you trying to channel YOUR fixation to its greatest heights" Im trying to be careful with this yes

four's role is to express the meaning of the separation
        and even embody it

I don't share the same belief. I think the enneagram and its fixations are human like. Nothing to do with the soul

then why do the planets have personalities?
        why astrology?

Because the planets are physical
        And so are we
        The soul is no
        Not
        They influence us apparently
        Its been proved
        Thr way i always understood enneagram is that we all deal with the this incarnation and separation of the soul from the Whole in different ways
        And so the 9 types

however
        you should watch this video

but ill explain the summary. the idea is that the universe is born and then it dies
        after going through a life cycle (which is the personalities too, planets types whatever, we're all part of this cycle)
        at the beginning and the end there is NOTHING AND EVERYTHING (nine)
        it's all one, silent, nothing, empty entropy
        but theres no separation
        but you see - this is NOT the pinnacle of all goodness.
        it's unity but at what cost? the loss of life
        once you shed all boundaries, personality, and differences - you are left with NOTHING.

But you said "nothing and everything"

so a healthy four is willing to see the similarity in all souls. they're able to FEEL that they are not some alien cut from another cloth, they're just as human as the next person but occupying the role of expressing separation.
        but a healthy NINE is able to understand and feel on a SOUL level that separation is necessary for life. and that soul, and wholeness, still may be made manifest even with separation and differences that endure.

So maybe its nothing because it all dissolves into a sea and it becomes a whole = everything

well yeah it's entropy. all things disappear
        so everything becomes nothing
        but the minute there is 'one thing' - type one - then you have natural law
        which separates.
        so you could argue we all (everything) came from the great void of nothing and entropy
        and that is the ORIGIN of soul.
        however once there is life you need separation. roles, natural law
        which thus separates us into types and archetypes
        archetypes are not 'fixation' merely.

Entropy isn't nothing. Entropy is disorder and "messiness".

enneagram expresses and explores how our archetype becomes a psychological problem
        well what im talking about is nothing. you have to see the video
        at the end there really is absolute zero nothing
        and this is the void from which we all sprung.
        so yes in a sense that is soul.

But is there such a thing as nothing? How can something come out of nothing?

I know. I'm just saying. Entropy has specific meanings and if you use it wrong you'll have people arguing with good points

yeah entropy may be the wrong word, that was actually in a slightly different part of the video
        but when all goes to sleep and all becomes nothing then- and only then - there is unity
        and the longing for this is the dark side of nine as well as the light side. it is fixation.

"so a healthy four is willing to see the similarity in all souls. they're able to FEEL that they are not some alien cut from another cloth, they're just as human as the next person but occupying the role of expressing separation. but a healthy NINE is able to understand and feel on a SOUL level that separation is necessary for life. and that soul, and wholeness, still may be made manifest even with separation and differences that endure." Sounds like these 2 types are opposites and yet i relate to both of them

haha yeah tritype
        but at base youre still very much expressing 9 which is really interesting to see
        because even with your four fix, when put up against a core four the difference in basic outlook which stems from fixation (and - the way i see it - ARCHETYPE AND NATURAL LAW) - is huge. a
        i see fixation and enneagram health levels as one aspect of the archetype that all people embody

I'm not sure scientists know what nothing is exactly Rala but we do know the universe will probably collapse at some point and it has something to do with black holes. I'm not a physics major though but maybe somebody could start the topic in the science section

"and the longing for this is the dark side of nine as well as the light side. it is fixation." But thats the thing, i dont long for it, it scares me

arya it's beyond black holes. at the end of that video there arent even black hole.
        it's beyond that
        and it is scientific.

It makes me feel in a way thst who i am now doesnt matter on the bigger scale and it makres me feel small and insignificant as well a sall my pain and past and etc

yeah but you see it as "soul."
        i don't see it as soul. i see soul as the life and differences in between the beginning and end

i could never see "soul" as having no roles, no archetypes, no boundaries. i see soul as being your archetypal role in the wheel of LIFE
        our role in the DEATH of the universe is to become one, which is why 9 crowns the enneagram.

this makes sense. the soul is the higher calling of the ego, its deep actualization
        im still formulating a response to ledyanoy's philosophy of mind question. Materiality of the mind and soul, near death experiences.

I see now what you re saying hmm

I'm not saying it's not scientific. I need to watch. But what I'm saying is that it's still a topic of exploration for scientists.
        Rala I agree it's scary

It is
        Hmm this made me think of something
        You know the concept of soulmates. I always found it fascinating and of course I have a 4 fix so i found it romantic and wanted to believe in it and so I kept on searching for answers to understand it. And basically what made sense to me in the end is that a soul mate could be someone that on a soul level is very familiar to you because it is your souls are close together in the astral world or whatever. And by close together i mean very similar vibrations etc, cut from the same cloth like you said
        Anyways, so maybe you are right
        Maybe our soul's flavor matches who we are always gonna be when we incarnate
        And it isnt actually entirely dictated by genes, environment etc.
        This is very liberating to think about haha
        Last edited by Animal; 10-28-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Qassim
          Qassim commented
          Editing a comment
          I can now see that I've come to the right forum. I've had these discussions with myself, esp. regarding reincarnation and type, etc. I've considered everything everyone is saying here at some point.

It's fashionable in some circles to act like type is a neurosis designed to protect the physical body, and all we have to do is get past it to be our "real" selves. It treats the type as though it is a negative thing, to be eradicated.

I don't agree. To me my type is also an intelligence, a values system, and a source of inspiration. It goes straight to God imo. It's not about "ego" or identity past a certain point, but something that seeks to manifest itself here on the physical plane, quite independent of how fixated I may be on it. Does that even make sense? I mean I think our types are one aspect of God, and it is part of our journey in this earth to express its highest nature.

I don't think I'm contributing anything that hasn't been said, actually, so I'll shut up now. I'm just glad there are other people on my same wavelength out there, is all.

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          Qassim You don't have to shut up! Hearing this makes me happy it makes me feel like these thoughts are being heard. Thank you
          I am glad you're here. I know who you are because as admin I saw your email. Awesome to see you

• Qassim
          Qassim commented
          Editing a comment
          I figured you'd see my email. You (and whoever else) can be the keepers of my secrets. I'm just glad I found a forum that represents where I currently am in my journey.

While I can see how Nineness may mean reaching towards Nothingness in some perspectives, I think that it is possibly an interpretation arising from our modern Scientistic worldview and not the result of learning what Nineness can be without being sucked into the black hole of modern thought. In modern times, the master category may be reductionism or deconstruction, but it is possible that these are parochial understandings of a brutalized materialist world in which we find ourselves. We may need to consider what older, less disenchanted, more introspective texts and traditions have to bring towards lending insight into the question of Nineness.

For example, the Bhagavad Gita has the ultimate avatar of God command General Arjuna to slay his enemies, because that is the law of the universe. The law states that we are not supposed to put our personal egoic needs, such as sympathy for enemies or hatred of injustice, in between ourselves and fate, because to do so is something like blasphemy against our highest duties. Thus we can see from a certain perspective, the idea of devotion to a single Beloved can bring us towards the bliss of full engagement with the Beloved in her (my bias) full majesty. In the case of Arjuna, his ultimate Beloved was Lord Krishna, the ultimate avatar of God, who told him that he needed to fully engage with his own place in the universe instead of collecting blockages to his ability to do so.

Also, from a Christian perspective, the idea of Agape can be put to the task of accepting the judgment handed to us in our lives and fully accepting our toils and woes as a part of ascetic bliss. Thus our egos can be annihilated, but something remains to push us ever upward towards more and more devotion to every challenge handed to us. We become evermore tied to whatever messages we receive from the prayers we send to God, the Ultimate Beloved. It is a matter of letting ourselves be evermore transformed by this relationship and become someone who tries to fill a role with evermore joy in his heart.

But, as I see in some of my life experiences, there does need to be a barrier for the love I want to actually work. Because I need a degree of sublime terror to send me to bliss. I cannot become comfortable with it, or the polarity is destroyed. Thus I depend on someone who will not tolerate sloth and will relish finding evermore ways of challenging me and enticing me without taking my feelings into account, but on pure account of her lust on a certain level. I love the idea of discomfort and fear and even dread, because that makes me feel alive with passion and takes me out of a boring comfort zone. Thus I love the idea of a Beloved who will keep challenging me to keep up, and I will praise her for it and hope she doesn't pat me on the head, because it is that badass attitude that brings me the greatest joy I have ever imagined. Thus the sloth may need jungle predators to thrive.

Comment

Working...
        X