Myers Briggs Type Indicator Text analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myers Briggs Type Indicator Text analyzer

Check this out. I don't know how the algorithm of this analyzer classifies the cognitive functions. I've since moved on from Memebti and have progressed to Cognitive Type (https://cognitivetype.com/).

i've always found it easy to manipulate people's perceptions especially since people project what they want to see onto you and can't see beyond their own projections. Once you can see those mechanisms at play, you can direct the course of the interaction. The thing is, most people are blind to their own patterns and internal mechanisms and those are only really apprehended subconsciously. (unless they work on themselves or are particularly self-aware) if you can catch wind of those mechanisms before they do, it can be a powerful tool for manipulation in both good and insidious ways. There's an objective reality but most people don't perceive reality in an unmediated way. Even a realist will still apprehend reality with their own interpretational framework and what's salient to them. Some people have a better handle on this framework, and others not so much and it's the latter that are easy to manipulate. You can literally shape their reality for them.

On a somewhat related note, i rarely let people get to know me, not out of fear that they would uncover patterns i'm not privy to (in some ways i want to be unveiled), but mainly because i have this rich and complex inner world that's not readily translatable. So in that case, i'd rather be left alone to my own devices and wait for more perceptive people to catch on. Over the years, i've learned to wear to masks to occlude others from reaching into the core of who i am (whatever that may be) so most people only reach layer 1 of what's actually present and happening. In some ways, i wish i was more open and present with my feelings with other people and wore my identity on my sleeve. But that's not how i operate. I operate on smoke screens and layering, and i suppose a lot of people do but it's a matter of how privy they are to this. Point being, people only see what they want to see and can't (or refuse) to look beyond that.
    intj
    38%
    infj
    19%
    isfp
    11%
    infp
    8%
    entp
    7%
    intp
    4%
    entj
    4%
    enfj
    2%
    enfp
    2%
    estj
    2%
    estp
    1%
    esfj
    1%
    istp
    1%
    esfp
    0%
    isfj
    0%
    istj
    0%

sometimes i'm left speechless, not out of surprise but because the limits of language, especially the english language, can't quite capture the sublimity of certain moments. Language is a tool for narrative, logical, and dialectical ordering of experience, and some things are beyond categorizations. Some experiences tap into the pre-verbal and pre-conceptual part of our perception in that we can't do anything except take them as they are. It forces us to not experience ourselves as extended and mediated in time but rather to experience ourselves as pure being - being in the now, in flow with the thing or person we're experiencing. It's a paradoxical situation in that our world condenses and is distilled in that moment but at the same time it anagogically opens up the agent (you the subject) and arena (the environment) relationship through a novel experience of reality
    intj
    50%
    intp
    15%
    entj
    10%
    entp
    6%
    infj
    5%
    enfj
    3%
    infp
    2%
    enfp
    2%
    estj
    1%
    estp
    1%
    istp
    1%
    esfp
    1%
    isfp
    1%
    isfj
    0%
    esfj
    0%
    istj
    0%

intj
    78%
    infj
    16%
    intp
    3%
    estj
    1%
    infp
    1%
    entj
    1%
    entp
    0%
    enfp
    0%
    isfp
    0%
    enfj
    0%
    estp
    0%
    esfj
    0%
    istp
    0%
    esfp
    0%
    isfj
    0%
    istj
    0%

Comment

From my blog post: http://enneatude.com/2019/05/23/type-6-direction-less/
      INTJ
      31%
      INFJ
      23%
      INTP
      15%
      INFP
      12%
      ENFJ
      5%
      ENTP
      4%
      ENTJ
      2%
      ESTJ
      2%
      ENFP
      2%
      ISTP
      1%
      ESTP
      1%
      ISFP
      0%
      ESFP
      0%
      ISTJ
      0%
      ISFJ
      0%
      ESFJ
      Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

Input: "race consists of people who are physically similar to you, homosexuality is banging people who are physically similar to you; thus, race is literally big gay"
        Result: INTJ- 85% ?????????

Other contenders:
        4%- ENTJ
        2%- INTP, ENFJ
        1%- ENFP, ENTP, ESFP, INFJ, INFP, ESTP
        0%- everything else

will go back and attempt a serious one later, probably will copy-paste longposts made in discord DMs to make the process easier
        "If you are God, and the delusion becomes reality,
        About what kind of the noids you get?
        Is it the sensual world? The despotic society?
        The destructive sanctions?
        Or..."

-Chaos;Head title screen

Comment

• vermilionplum
          vermilionplum commented
          Editing a comment
          By the way, the rawr x3 copypasta is INFP with a heavy side of ENTP

The Navy Seals copypasta was 31% INTJ 22% INFP XD
        Or..."

-Chaos;Head title screen

Comment

I put several longposts of mine through- consistently INTJ with a side of INFJ, ENTJ, and ENTP.

Next, I think I'm gonna find monologues from video games/tv shows and see if writers can emulate different types consistently at least according to this site
          Or..."

-Chaos;Head title screen

Comment

This is fascinating.
            Rachel

Comment

A part of a story I'm in the middle of writing:

Improvinator.

Gio, like the rest of us, was only ever looking for one thing in life. It was the very thing that entire schools of philosophy focused on. He thought about how much time those fools wasted. In the end, science found the answer. If only he could afford it. It was so expensive. He found the situation ironic.

Improvinator.

22% ENFP
              15% INTP
              13% INFP
              13% ENFJ
              Last edited by Eclipsed; 03-09-2020, 03:11 AM.

Comment

It could be particularly interesting to input text from different first-person stories by the same author and see if they show type influence of their protagonists over their author.
                Rachel

Comment

Well I tried it with fictional texts written from different characters' points of view, since part of the challenge with fictional writing is that I don't want all my characters to sound the same. So I wondered if this would be useful for seeing how well I capture different-
                  (Note: It only works well with native English speaking people)
                  Oh.

Well, this is what I got from an older text:
                  INFP
                  48%
                  ENFP
                  10%
                  ISFP
                  9%

More recent text (this was for NaNoWriMo lmao):
                  INTJ
                  89%
                  ENTP
                  9%
                  ESTJ
                  1%

Meanwhile, for this text I was trying to write from the point of view of a T-ish character, but seems it wasn't quite as successful. =P
                  ENFP
                  37%
                  INTJ
                  16%
                  ESFJ
                  10%

Yeah might be better to come back to this when I'm more into writing again.

Comment

• a2jc4life
                    a2jc4life commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It does look like they were different. I'm heavily T-ish, personally, not everything I write shows up as T-first; it depends on the context. So I wouldn't necessarily say that last one wasn't successful. And my guess would be (although it's just that -- a guess) that a well-written first-person novel would be something of a combination of the author's type and the character's. (Dialogue excepted)

ETA: I couldn't write decent fiction if my life depended on it, but my daughter writes, so I'll see if she'll check what kind of results she gets from her stories.
                Working...
                X