What Quotes Resonate With You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Quotes Resonate With You.

What are some of your favorite quotes, or ones that have really resonated with you. Do you think they're indicative of your type.

Here are mine:

Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
    -Muhammad Ali.

In the depth of winter I finally realized that within me lay an invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus.

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.
    -William Barclay.

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    -Winston Churchill.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

It's not about your resources, it's about your resourcefulness.
    -Tony Robbins.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan.

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.
    -Jordan Belfort.

Focus on WIN. What's Important Now.
    -Lou Holtz.

I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don't.
    -Neila Rey.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall, you are never out of the fight.
    -Marcus Luttrell.

The world is a changing place. You cannot stand still. If you do, life will pass you by.
    -Donald Trump.

By endurance we conquer.
    -Ernest Shakleton.

The only easy day was yesterday.
    -Navy SEALs training motto.

Being tired is your mind quitting before your body.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

It's not about being the best. It's about being better than you were yesterday.

Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Because right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll be ever again.

You can make excuses or you can make it happen. Champions find a way.

From film and TV:

The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door.
    -Rust Cohle, True Detective.

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
    -Lord Baelish, Game of Thrones.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.
    -Maximus, Gladiator.

One day you might find cause to ask yourself what the limit is to some pain you're experiencing and you'll find out there is no limit at all. Pain is inexhaustible. It's only people that get exhausted.
    -Ray Velcoro, True Detective.

Sometimes your worst self, is your best self.
    -Frank Semyon, True Detective.

I'm living like there's no tomorrow because there isn't one.
    -Don Draper, Mad Men.

When I sing my mouth tastes of blood.
    -Flamenco documentary.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I haven't really found quotes that deeply resonate, but here are some quotes that I really like:

? Thomas Pynchon

? Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

"The fact that an opinion is widely held is no evidence whatsoever that it is not utterly absurd."

? Bertrand Russel

"People shout when they don't have the vocabulary to whisper"

? Maggie Stiefvater

"the greatest of penalties is being ruled by a worse man if one is not willing to rule oneself. It is because they fear this, in my view, that decent men rule, when they do rule; and at that time they proceed to enter on rule, not as though they were going to something good, or as though they were going to be well off in it; but they enter on it as a necessity and because they have no one better than or like themselves to whom to turn it over."

? Plato, The Republic
          "Distress, whether psychic, physical, or intellectual, need not at all produce nihilism.
          Such distress always permits a variety of interpretations."

Nietzsche

Comment

Last edited by Animal; 07-17-2020, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Amazing, loving the quotes.

Comment

- Buddha

- universal truth?

- unknown

- Coco Chanel

- Gigi Young

- C.M. Rayne

- Arthur Schopenhauer

"A true friend knows your weaknesses, but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities, but emphasizes your possibilities." - William Arthur Ward

- Cheryl Muir

- Marisa Peer

- Judy Garland

"The reason it's difficult to learn something new is that it will change you into someone who disagrees with the person you used to be." - Seth Godin

"You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously" - Sophia Bush

"We all must suffer one of two things. The pain of discipline. Or the pain of regret." - Jim Rohn

- Denzel Washington

- George Addair

- Mother Theresa

- Farrah Gray

- Stephen Covey

- T.S. Eliot

- John Wooden

- Milton Berle

- the Dalai Lama

- Buddha

- Lao Tzu

- Einstein

- Proverb

- Carl Jung

- David McCullough Jr.

- Jim Ryun

- Henry Ford

- John Lennon

- Bhagavad Gita

- John A. Shedd

These are the quotes I collected for myself over the years, and I'd like to think they reflect my typings (TeSi, Sp/Sx 3w4) but that's probably subjective anyway. ? Great thread though I'm loving everyone's collections! ????

Comment

Working...
                X