Core neurosis of Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Core neurosis of Seven

Is it possible that the core sin of Seven is Entitlement? That would account for both the gluttony and narcissism of Seven. Entitlement also assumes the Right to Not Be Uncomfortable. The discomfort avoidance, the pathological demand avoidance (the fear of being trapped or held back by demands).

There seems to be a fixation on perceived needs, but the perception is warped. This is similar to narcissists who prioritize their own needs over others, and not always consciously. There is an inability to register the needs of others and take proper perspective.

After saying all that, I can also conceive of entitlement not being the core feature but a manifestation of some other core feature. Some neurotic fixation on need.

#me

Seriously though, I understand the gluttony of 7 as a fear that nothing is enough to sustain you, a sense that the nurturing figure never gave you enough as a child. So there's a need to find a replacement, to fill that lack, but there's a lack of trust that even that could satisfy, etc. So it seems natural that it would lead to an entitled attitude.

Comment

When I think of 7, i see sensitivity. Not as an empathy or going toward in the classic sense, but as a sensitivity that would intrude upon them, to thwart them. Where 5 is theoretically sensitive to being overwhelmed, defensively, 7 experiences the sensitivity of something/anything standing in the way of their flavor of consumption. A situation where this ever-worldly stalwart of taste suddenly becomes a big baby, emotionally. But type-wise it never started that way, it first began with an idea and its enthusiasm, but inevitably those endeavors meet one or more objects of resistance, which are received physically as a neurological sensitivity. Like a toxin emanating from their skin. The drunk sweats, to turn a phrase.

I analogize this with the E3, another sensitive being, despite whatever shared aggression/ambition/ambivalence. Nothing really matters until it effects them. The rest or preceding was just part of a thought image...... or emotion image. The high-flyer with a soft skin.

Eh, everyone is good ppl though, don't let me be a misanthrope.

The texts don't really lie about this one though, even when it's hard to see. It's a theoretical freedom absent pain. 5 minus the burden. We know this bc when strife hits, it becomes moral, their red-button virtuous fail-safe: I'm angry bc I'm being denied the human right of doing and thinking whatever I want, and it's a moral right that humans can do whatever they think and want.

If you want to call it entitlement, I won't stop you.
      Last edited by Full_fathom; 07-26-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X