Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocked and scared

I'm glad it hit home <3
    I could tell when we talked about it that it was the real thing.. can't explain it... it's like I could sense your vibes behind the screen going "ouch." That's exactly what happens with enneagram. It hurts so much to finally realize your type. Or in some cases people type correctly, but they don't realize the true meaning of it until later and then "ouch." But it still makes us stronger in the end to know the truth.

Comment

Shocked and scared

Haha, perfect description of how I felt when I finally typed my second fix and my whole tritype finally clicked. My core and other fix suddenly became much clearer and I was like ugh.... ughhhh.. uuuuuuggggggggggghhhhh. lol.

Welcome to the club.

Comment

I yet have to feel like that from enneagram

Comment

• Qassim
          Qassim commented
          Editing a comment
          Tbh, neither did I. I spent like 15 years figuring out my type, and by the time I got it right, I'd done so much thinking about the ins and outs of the types, that accepting it was a pretty neutral process. There was no shock and awe to it--if anything, I spent many more months repeatedly dealing with feelings of doubt and disbelief about it. I never thought I was really good enough.

That's not to suggest I like my type or enjoy being it. Truth be told, I see the ways it has undercut me and ruined my life. I'm totally ashamed of all the ways I was a jerk because of my type in the past. I actively dislike others of my type and try hard NOT to be my type. Etc.

But I never had "that moment".

• [redacted]
          [redacted] commented
          Editing a comment
          mm I might have expected too much from enneagram, since it can be useful for shedding light on negative patterns and such but I kept hoping it would lead to a great epiphany and all the secrets of the cosmos would be unveiled (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean). =P and that sort of thinking in itself is no doubt a trap. but yeah.

Originally posted by Animal View Post
        I'm glad it hit home I could tell when we talked about it that it was the real thing.. can't explain it... it's like I could sense your vibes behind the screen going "ouch." That's exactly what happens with enneagram. It hurts so much to finally realize your type. Or in some cases people type correctly, but they don't realize the true meaning of it until later and then "ouch." But it still makes us stronger in the end to know the truth.

Comment

I mistyped at 5 for 12 years before I reached 4. I also temporarily typed at 8 for several months although I knew something was off. Those are the types in my tritype, so I wasn't typing at something completely insane - and I definitely found something painful in 8 and 5 that was hard to face. But four was a whole other story. Four forced me to not only face my shame, but also to realize shame was the driver. The thing I was most ashamed of was my shame. When it finally hit me that I was a four, I fell to my knees balling. I was crying from the gut. It was crazy.

Comment

Welcome to the world of the E - illuminating the underbelly.

I wasn't shocked when I discovered my type, as I had insight into my own issues prior that I found because of some personally trying life experience and had already kind of figured it out. But it's a sucker punch regardless, because the best materials on the E shed light on the related structure and issues...and they hit home hard.

Comment

Working...
            X