Type 1: Notepad for the Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 1: Notepad for the Collective

Share your ideas, questions and musings about Type 1.
    Discuss the meaning of the type & how it manifests.
    Address misconceptions.
    Debate is welcome.

Discussion of Exemplars is welcome - but if it turns into a typing thread for someone, the mods can move the posts to a separate thread.

Last edited by Animal; 12-26-2019, 10:16 PM.

Currently, I'm thinking Jordan Peterson, Ayn Rand and Ben Shapiro are 1s.
    What do you guys think?

I see a similarity between them, in that they are all driven by a singular ideology and everyone knows what they stand for. But it's not something that they keep questioning and re-questioning. It is an ideology that they have decided at a certain point was 'right,' or 'the right way to be,' 'the twelve rules for life,' etc - and they went about preaching in order to get the "right way" out there and spread it to others.

Comment

• [redacted]
      [redacted] commented
      Editing a comment
      only problem is it seems too obvious... :suspicious:

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. I know what you mean. But I also have grown weary of the enneagram community talking their way around obvious typings. Eeee

• [redacted]
      [redacted] commented
      Editing a comment
      at least ayn rand seem very much a 1, I'm not too familiar with ben shapiro and j peterson I get too distracted by his kermit voice

Ayn Rand is (was) IMO definitely E1. My current girlfriend is E1 and she's a great gal that i've come to appreciate, HOWEVER, with this type i've certainly learned a number of things, generally revolving around issues of frustration meets anger meets idealism. The heart side of the guts, if you will. These idealisms though, like i said E1 is heart-side, they seem like personal projects to me but to them... you'd think the world was going to end. Like a 6 but w/o the fear. It presents a huge bar for my charm! to disarm this "thing", it causes me too be steady with what i say or do, organically. I'll have to admit that it works for me at this stage in life

Regarding Jordan Peterson, I'm familiar with him, yes there appears this "thing", a moral perpetude of truth-ism akin to the type. No fear. The gist being whatever emanates is greater than the cost. Nose, face, no problem, didn't need them anyway.
    Last edited by Full_fathom; 09-19-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

As an addendum to recent words, i'd also like to add that Ayn Rand is (imo) a disgusting person. Its this sort of gut-style detachment that finds attraction to modern day "libertarianism", where everyone gets "theirs" and possesses no responsibility to anything else. The assumption being, they are already good ppl.. this thing where everyone else is supposed to be responsible. Nice projection, how objective, i just see an inherent laziness, only a true gut type would invent or be attracted to this, the sort who shrink away just before becoming effected. Just absolute E level divinity, pure consumption, intellectual obesity, Ok, said my 'political' piece!
      Last edited by Full_fathom; 09-19-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Quindary
        Quindary commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahaha...she speaks to a certain wavelength...it is one I grok. I use the term because her work vibes with me, always did. Some of the first book characters I actually related to in my life, rather than just fodder for thought or envy of their superpowers, were in The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged.

The point of her work is not that people do not possess responsibility toward each other, but actually more that people should take responsibility for themselves, their thoughts, their choices - and the ramifications of what they do. This is something I've always striven to do in life, and it naturally extends into my choices for who and what my efforts go toward - which this is how the people in her books operate as well. They're picky about who they help. They take sides from their own ideology, even the ones she saw as villains. When they don't, they are often lying to themselves in some way.

Also, her work centered around painting the picture of the teleological endpoints of the two competing world philosophies she saw taking shape around her. I happen to vastly appreciate that type of work, someone who can make their viewpoint on these things so pinpoint clear, that there is rarely a person who could read her work and not take a side.

Anyhow, yep, clear 1.

• [redacted]
        [redacted] commented
        Editing a comment
        my problem is her characters feel too one-dimensional to connect to (or nothing but mouth-pieces) so that makes her stories boring for me to read

• Animal
        Animal commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't read her books yet but I'm on board with her philosophy and what she stands for, and I've seen her as a symbol of a way of life, which is quite an achievement. I will read her books soon.
    Working...
    X