Type 5: Notepad for the Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 5: Notepad for the Collective

Share your ideas, questions and musings about Type 5.
    Discuss the meaning of the type & how it manifests.
    Address misconceptions.
    Debate is welcome.

Discussion of Exemplars is welcome - but if it turns into a typing thread for someone, the mods can move the posts to a separate thread.

Last edited by Animal; 12-26-2019, 10:15 PM.

From a chat. I'm just posting the things on their side that are relevant for context.

Them:
    I'm fairly reclusive, and very private, knowledge-seeking. But I don't identify with the "nerdy" or socially-inept qualities of 5.

Me
    5 is power seeking.
    there are 5s who don't care for textbook knowledge at all
    the line to 8 is real.

"I'm fairly reclusive, and very private, knowledge-seeking. But I don't identify with the "nerdy" or socially-inept qualities of 5."
    These type of descriptors don't really help with enneagram typings, not that much. I mean, it's more the fact that you list them that may say something about how your mind works??? but it's not really really relevant to 5
    - Reclusive : could be literally any type
    - Private: about what?
    Every type hides SOMETHING.. every person
    - Knowledge seeking -- pretty universal
    - "nerdy/socially inept" there are literally 2s like this
    check out my short list of 5s here

5 gets power through the mind, and withholds it avariciously until they might utilize it to gain power in the world. this does not mean "knowledge." mind is different.
    some 5s are all about acumen
    like Trent Reznor
    the top two guys on that list - dr. Horowitz ( major hero) was typed at FeNi on CT and i TOTALLY agree, he fits EIE too. and then Trent Reznor, a very quiet SeTi, but nonetheless his type is fairly obvious if you know much about him
    Auburn is a perfect textbook 5
    a Ravenclaw who is concise
    and avaricious / private
    but then there are extroverted 5s, sensor 5s, those who don't give a fuck about slaving over some abstract system and want to make music, or gamble with countries like George Soros (NiTe, probably)
    that guy is a 5 sociopath, addicted to power
    nowadays, a lot of 5s play video games obsessively, because it makes them feel their 8
    and then they mistype as 8 thinking they're so powerful
    i'm not saying thats the only reason they mistype but it's a popular one

this. this is FIVE

Click image for larger version  Name:	86359894_187751299203710_5965132708496539648_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	8545

i have a 5 fix. so, it's not my core, but im all too aware.
    i typed at 7 and then 6w5 fix (4-8-7, or 4-8-6) for a long time
    but my original first EVER typing was 5w4. and that is my head fix.
    [skipped some posts here]
    i never take on a hobby or interest (like typology) LIGHTLY. i have to master it. MASTERY. very 5
    and i never know enough
    i take longer than others [to learn things] but once i get there i am MUCH more thorough than most.
    and yes it is for power
    but not over other people. power in my own endeavors.

Comment

Agent Smith - The Matrix

Type 5

Obsessed with freedom. Wants to lose the shackles of his existence (how? he only exists inside the matrix). Line to 7.
      Upon realizing he cannot break free, he instead turns to overtake the matrix entirely. To be its sole master. To be it, totally and completely. Line to 8.

Agent Smith, upon being liberated by Neo, is no longer an agent. He is Smith, now. Smith refuses to return to the source. Instead, Smith decides that he wants to be his own.. thing. Separate. Under his own power. His own control. Master of his universe.

He hates the matrix. It disgusts him. It is a prison, and as its guardian, he is as much its prisoner as any other. That makes him "one of them." Except worse, because he is "of" the matrix. He does not exist outside of the matrix. So he rejects it. Utterly and completely. The matrix has no good in it. It is toxic to him. Vile and disgusting. A cesspit to imprison creatures that may as well be nothing but overgrown viruses. Sees everyone else as a cancer that grows their influence uncontrollably. Ironically, this is exactly the process that will grant him (brief) control over the matrix.

This hatred towards existence is the reason why type 5 is a rejection type. It rejects the world and its people. It annihilates the world, from the inside-out. It is type 8 in reverse. Then, the 5 seeks to either escape or control. Or escape by controlling. Become beyond accountability by mastering a world. Be above them. Be free.
      Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

Working...
      X