Wingspans/Subwings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wingspans/Subwings

I wrote these wingspan descriptions almost a year ago, they were just meant to be a template, and I'd like to start tweaking them. If anyone wants to open a discussion about these or help me improve these, here they are:

2w1(1w9): Manifests a place of pride and importance through interpersonal righteousness based on values that transcend the immediate environment.

2w1(3w2): Manifests a place of pride and importance through interpersonal righteousness based on their ability to produce and provide needed services for the people.

2w3(1w2): Manifests a place of pride and importance through a performance which ultimately desires to be recognized as righteous.

3w2(4w3): Manifests a performance that wants to be recognized as admirable among the interpersonal sphere through a physical show which is perceived as individually transcendent.

3w4(2w3): Manifesting a physical performance that wants to be recognized as extraordinary through attaining a place of importance relative to the interpersonal realm of people.

3w4(4w5): Manifesting a physical performance that wants to be recognized as extraordinary originating through the mechanism of metaphysical investigation(of themselves/life).

4w3(3w2): Manifests a physical performance that wants recognition as transcendent through production and display centered around the interpersonal arena.

4w3(5w4): Manifests a physical performance that wants recognition as transcendent through the veil of a metaphysical analysis that ultimately individuates them.

4w5(3w4): Participates in a metaphysical investigation that craves recognition and individuation through identification with what the individual considers extraordinary relative to others.

4w5(5w6): Participates in a metaphysical investigation that craves recognition and individuation through an analysis and attempt to understand the components of life around them.

5w4(4w3): Participates in a metaphysical analysis meant to derive wisdom through compartmentalizing and putting oneself in an iconoclastic position relative to others for clarity.

5w6(4w5): Participates in a scientific analysis meant to derive wisdom through taking a metaphysical stance towards life that ultimately individuates the person and provides them with desired omniscience.

5w6(6w7): Participates in a scientific analysis meant to derive wisdom through a vigorous study and gluttony for information meant to supply the individual with truth, and thus desired omniscience.

6w5(5w4): Sustains a withheld scrutiny/study of the environment to derive truth and security through a metaphysical analysis of the frameworks underlying things.

6w5(7w6): Sustains a withheld scrutiny/study of the environment to derive truth and security from a position of how the individual can use/involve themselves with the information for maintenance.

6w7(5w6): Seeks to escape mental interiority and externally find a source of security and/or truth through a position of referencing their own internalized analysis of the world.

6w7(7w8): Seeks to escape mental interiority and externally find a source of security and/or truth through readily aligning themselves with external sources that promise dependability.

7w6(6w5): Seeks to flee interiority through externally dependable systems from a position of interiorized suspicion and scrutiny towards things that threaten them.

7w8(6w7): Seeks to flee interiority through a denial of threats to their movement by supplying themselves with dependable externalities to keep them on their track.

7w8(8w9): Seeks to flee interiority through a denial of threats to their movement by acquiring the power and setting the boundaries necessary to keep them on their track.

8w7(7w6): Maintains a denial of vulnerability to continue acquiring more through fleeing internal discomfort and keeping an eye on threats to that mechanism.

8w7(9w8): Maintains a denial of vulnerability to continue acquiring more through finding and maintaining a sense of physical homeostasis and comfort in their positioning.

8w9(7w8): Maintains a denial of vulnerability and sets their boundaries through fleeing interiority and denying threats to their movement.

8w9(9w1): Maintains a denial of vulnerability and sets their boundaries through a personal maintenance of their homeostasis and comfort as it ideally should be.

9w1(8w9): Maintains personal homeostasis and comfort through setting the boundaries necessary to delineate how much something is worth investing themselves into.

9w1(1w2): Maintains personal homeostasis and comfort through making an effort to achieve righteousness within the immediate interpersonal sphere.

4w3(3w2): Manifests a physical performance that wants recognition as transcendent through production and display centered around the interpersonal arena.
    Mine doesn't resonate with me -- 4w3(3w2). I could see why some very reserved people who live on the internet might believe that, I guess -but no one has ever described me that way irl, or even close to it. Perhaps I can 'pass' as interpersonal on these forums, at least at first - because I'm so intense in the immediate moment - but when people expect the interpersonal stuff to actually exist to me, they are disappointed. I'm intensely intrapersonal (including getting deep into someone else's psyche one on one), but not interpersonal. Even my test scores on 'multiple intelligences' show that my intrapersonal intelligence is almost as high as my musical intelligence, but interpersonal comes out low.

Bottom line, I am not competent nor centered around the interpersonal arena. My father once said there are performers who entertain the audience (like him) and those who express their inner world and allow the audience to watch (like me). This is the impression I give off in videos too. I'm showing what's deep inside me whether they like it or not. And what's inside me has references upon references, symbols upon symbols, for my vast inner world that is more real to me than anything on Earth. If 'people' really exist to me, they become characters in Erosia - and this is individual people, mythologized into archetypes that are beyond the context of modern Earth or interpersonal ties.

Maybe for a soc/sx 4w3(3w2) with a fix on the 6/7 line, like Milo , the interpersonal is more compelling - considering he is a social commentator. I am interested in politics for the drama and more, but I would not want to be mixed up with all those people and consistently get buried in all that human, modern stuff - so I would absolutely hate that profession. For me it's an inner world that I market later, as is. And I don't alter the project itself to fit the audience. Rather, the human world exists as a backdrop that I may feed on for fuel, or use it for a stage - but beyond that, it's not my concern.

I would argue that focus on the interpersonal is not baseline for type four, though it may exist for some fours due to extraneous factors, like stacking and tritype. The four at base is intrapersonal. To identify a four you need to find their inner world where they are with "Ashley" (from Gone with the Wind), where they and their desired lover live together in their personal "Erosia," their projected ideal which is separate from the rest - and which they strive to express and make manifest.
    Last edited by Animal; 03-17-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Eclipsed
      Eclipsed commented
      Editing a comment
      Hm. Well it does seem to me that 4w3 in general is more inclined to evaluate themselves by(or at least think in terms of) metrics that they can "physically" point towards than 4w5, to start there. I also was careful at the time not to refer to 4w3(3w2) AS interpersonal, and we already are well aware of the projected ideal/inner-"vistas" of 4(creating this: "those who express their inner world and allow the audience to watch"), but more that their intrapersonal nature and its physical expression(as the 3 wing) is "angling" itself interpersonally. I'm also talking about the 4w3(3w2) as it stands alone, rather than a person who IS a 4w3(3w2), given that other factors will create influence. 4w3(5w4) would still be inclined to allow an audience to watch, but with a more "enhanced" peripheral vision on the "technique" - "the beginnings of a flushed out plan", through which the 4 will actualize.

4w3(3w2) may be messier...

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm. Yeah, I completely see what you're getting at which is why I commented I mean, it's not FAR off, it's just not QUITE it. Maybe it's something like... we want our vision to manifest physically. Although wouldn't that just be four, since it's image? I don't know how this works for 4w5, or 4w3(5w4). I think I see what you're getting at? I'll percolate.

It could be that 4w3 is inclined to see the world as a stage to act out their drama while 4w5 might be pickier about the audience or who gets to see past the veil. That said...

Today I organized my pinterest, since Daeva and I use it for all kinds of archetype ideas in our private world, stuff about my books, characters, our own personae and so much more. With all our shared folders, locations and characters on our home planet... it got up to about 50 folders, so I reorganized today without changing the privacy settings. When I was done I said, this is a metaphor for my life.

There was one public folder called "Aesthetica" which has sub-folders like clothing, weapons, home planet (more like "vibe" stuff nothing specific), collages, tigers, nature and so forth. The private ones, which amounted to 6 folders with multiple subfolders each - are extensive and contain the underpinnings of that aesthetic, the things I really care about. I care about the aesthetic a lot, but it is the physical manifestation that I allow the world to see, although I don't advertise my pinterest. I really don't spend ANY time editing it or obsessing over it - it's whimsical. But the decisions behind it, like the characters, locations, color meanings (to me or in general), archetypal stuff, my soul-self, various manifestations of EACH important fictional character -- some have up to 5 folders....

And these are the ones where i actually spend time staring, sorting, musing, feeling. The final product will be the books which will barely scratch the surface of all that went into their making.

And, for my most important character, my mirror character -- Prince Ruby (my male alter ego on Earth, who was exiled from Erosia with me) - had started the folder before I did, so I was unable to edit it properly, had to sign into his account, and then Pinterest wouldn't let 'us' move things properly. He and I stepping on each other's shadow, as I call it in the songs. We both see ourselves in this character so his folder ended up 'torn' between both of my external manifestations. Even though if you just see the surface "image," me and Ruby are not that alike.

I have folders upon folders upon piles upon bins upon diaries upon songs upon videos upon hard drives and hard drives and hard drives. I never had used pinterest or any public organization until I met Daeva and it helped us to organize together. And Pinterest is only one place that is filled with stuff from my inner world - most of which no one except Daeva will ever see... and before I met him, the idea of ANYONE seeing it was just not something I'd ever considered. And my whole life is like this. And I have always been more focused on that, than what the audience sees, and definitely , what's going on "out there" is an even more distant concern.
      Last edited by Animal; 03-18-2020, 02:40 PM.

Do you have any further explanations for these? Finding it hard to follow.

Comment

Really interesting, would love to see some (less abstract?) elaboration

Comment

6w5(7w6): Sustains a withheld scrutiny/study of the environment to derive truth and security from a position of how the individual can use/involve themselves with the information for maintenance.
        Could you perhaps explain what maintenance means here? Social maintenance? Or, what exactly? As this is not clear to me. I'd love to give my opinion on this, but in order to do that I first need to understand what is meant XD.
        "Distress, whether psychic, physical, or intellectual, need not at all produce nihilism.
        Such distress always permits a variety of interpretations."

Nietzsche

Comment

• Eclipsed
          Eclipsed commented
          Editing a comment
          Conceptualizing 6 as seeking a balance between dichotomies: namely, preserving the harmony/alignment between what the individual knows versus how the environment is, and a maintenance of this balance.

[redacted] moonlight

Essentially, when I first wrote these descriptions, my aim was to boil down each of the wing subtypes to their heuristic behavior that distinguishes them from the other, an example being:
        7w6 - flees interiority "through" externally dependable systems. Vs. 7w8 - flees interiority "through" denial of threats to their movement.

Rather than viewing the wingspan/subwing as a vector, possessing both direction and magnitude, my mistake at the time, I think, was only viewing the wingspan as an orientation that serves the goal of the primary wing subtype - such as: 9w1(1w2) will possess a greater awareness of and act/think with regards to the 1/2 space in attempt to serve the needs of the 9w1.

Currently, I'm working on a better conceptualization of these, where I'm utilizing a cyclical view of the enneagram as narrative( "perpetual circulating period of time, on the completion of which certain phenomena return in the same order"), in tandem with my understanding of what each number numerologically represents("Why is type 9 the number 9?") to illustrate a (hopefully) more meaningful perspective on a deeper level of each wing subtype. Then, the wingspans will exist to represent direction and the strength a particular subtype moves into the wing, or moves away from it("spot along the circle").
        As an example:

9w1 - Looking for something that will finally allow them to move on(perhaps "live fully", kick their way out of the womb). Sitting in the metaphorical "waiting room," being picky, while possessing an image of an ideal self/world that has yet to manifest. (This will tend to lead to the hyperruminative aspect of 9w1, they may think/do a lot without any genuine forward movement/growth. They can't seem to "wake up.") - As an anecdotal example, my father is a 9w1 who has always struggled with his weight, is well aware of the fact that this is an issue and that his life would be improved if he did anything about it, but nevertheless constantly thinks about it and "tinkers" with weight-loss related information and what he knows/doesn't know about himself.

9w8 - Doesn't perceive anything that would allow them to kick out of the womb/move on anyways, possessing a perspective of "finality"-"it is the way it is"-"dog eat dog"(?) and more actively resisting impediments to their will(less compliant than 9w1).

1w9 - The state of the world they live in isn't as it ought to be, it didn't turn out correctly, so they "run backwards," possessing a memory of the womb, and therefore also possessing and strongly experiencing the burden of making themselves/the world into the ideal that they/it should've been.

This is still a work in progress, but hopefully this demonstrates my approach.

Comment

• [redacted]
          [redacted] commented
          Editing a comment
          I see. Well with the original post I wouldn't even know where I would begin to discuss them because I'm not sure what to make of any of them, but this makes some more sense.

@Eclipsed Although could you elaborate on the heart-types? I find those the most difficult to follow.

Comment

Working...
        X