Intro to Enneagram for Newcomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro to Enneagram for Newcomers

If you just met someone and wanted to tell them what enneagram is -- how would you explain it to them? Perhaps as a group we can create a thread with a simple introduction. So if you have ideas on how to introduce basics, have at it!!!

Over time, I'll write an outline for this thread but for now I'll post Eli's video on enneagram and on the types:

Here is the type playlist:

Comment

Here is a tentative table of contents for this thread. I will edit this as I progress through it.

1. What is enneagram?
      2. The structure of the ego
      3. Structure of the enneagram symbol
      4. Why tests are bad - Daeva
      Type 9
      Last edited by Mahat; 04-09-2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Animal
        Animal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohhh love this!!!!

Sources
      I guess I'll approach this thread like a book. This post is a list of sources I'll primarily be using.

Character and Neurosis: An Integrative View by Claudio Naranjo
      The Enneagram of Passion and Virtues by Sandra Maitri
      From Fixation to Freedom by Eli Jaxon-Bear
      Faces of Unity by A.H. Almaas
      The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others In Your Life by Helen Palmer
      Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
      The Diamond Approach: An Introduction to the Teachings of A. H. Almaas by John Davis
      https://www.arica.org/articles/effross.cfm

Acknowledgements
      This series is the culmination of the reading, learning, and discussing of the enneagram that I've done with others over the years.
      I would like to thank Roshan, Animal, Daeva, Eclipsed, Quindary, and Arya, and the others who have helped me along the way.

Comment

• Mahat
        Mahat commented
        Editing a comment
        Just FYI, I'm doing a lot of reading atm, so it might take a while for me to write something down.

• Animal
        Animal commented
        Editing a comment
        Take your time <3

Mission Statement
      This is more than just a passion project. The main mission and goal of this project is to not only have a compendium and consolidation of enneagram topics for newcomers to digest, but I, and we as a whole, seek to correct the misinformation and confusion that's out there. In the spirit of that, extensive reading and thorough research and writing will go into this project. If anything, this should've been a book instead of a thread, but you can only do what you can with what you have. It's only the beginning though. Consider this thread as not only a branching off point for newcomers, but an opening up of new horizons for the whole of enneagram. In my years of learning about the enneagram, I've never seen a thorough yet concise consolidation of all the relevant topics in enneagram, both online and in books, and for good reason. It's a gargantuan task to take on, but it needs to get done eventually.

Considering the nature and structure of this project, it might take months to maybe even a year or more to finish. I am not satisfied with publishing half-assed, standard descriptions. If I were to do that, I might as well just add links to this thread. Before even covering the types, I feel like it's important to understand the underlying and basic structure of the enneagram and of the types. In understanding these basics, they not only give me the framework to write the type descriptions but you'll get to witness the fundamental logic that runs through the types. I plan on publishing articles as expediently as possible without sacrificing accuracy and thoroughness. I hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
      X