"The Bohemian" is 7 and 6w7, not 4w5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Bohemian" is 7 and 6w7, not 4w5

since Animal made a recent thread about R&H misrepresenting 4s, it seems like an appropriate time to address an issue that has bugged me for awhile: "The Bohemian" is a head center preoccupation, particularly 7 and 6w7. it's a lifestyle and personality centered around critique of social norms, rejection of "conventional" behavior.

just look at what they wear half the time. tie dye, splashy, bright colors, mismatched clothing. there is nothing heart center or withdrawn about it, particularly not 4, which tends to ruminate on and draw energy from darker emotions. image core types share a sensitivity to aesthetics and tend to be put off by that sort of thing, and 4, like 5 (and, to a lesser extent, 8) is a type defined by separation. they aren't a type drawn to communal preoccupation, tearing down boundaries or celebrating around campfires. add a 5 wing to the mix (the MOST separation-oriented type), and this association becomes even more absurd.

if not 7 or 6w7, it could be common in 9s or maybe 2s, but 4...no. not a chance.

all this goes without saying....there are plenty of lovely 7s and 6w7s who do not fall prey to this lulzy, post-modern nonsense. if you are a 6w7 or 7 and this doesn't apply to you, no worries. I'm not talking about you.

Comment

Haha.. good point. I'm not sure what "Bohemian" even really means. I'm kind of culture-dumb. Let's see:

Bohemian

[ boh-hee-mee-uh?n ]SHOW IPA
      SEE SYNONYMS FOR Bohemian ON THESAURUS.COM
      noun

a native or inhabitant of Bohemia.
      (usually lowercase) a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices.
      the Czech language, especially as spoken in Bohemia.
      a Gypsy.
      "a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules"

Seems like it could be a lot of types including four. However, I've also seen clothing being sold and called "Bohemian" style so I think that's what you're referring to and in that case I agree, I think? It seems very 2 "flower child" or something? But to be fair I don't really get the meaning of this word so my comment may be useless.

Comment

• BalalaikaBoy
        BalalaikaBoy commented
        Editing a comment
        think "hippie who is also a pretentious, post-modernist ass" and that's basically a Bohemian.
    Working...
    X