Jared Leto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jared Leto

I've been all over the place with his typing. But I finally have an idea that I'm happy with. ?? Before I share it, I want to take an initial poll. What is your current impression of Jared Leto's type? Please do not worry about arguing for or against anything I've said on any thread - even recently - because I've changed my mind a million times over. Just think about it yourself, what you see when you see Jared Leto. I'll make a poll, so you can vote your current impression. Don't worry about it being wrong! Just go with your own hunch.

We can discuss it in the comments, where I will share videos and thoughts about why I'm leaning in the direction I am now.
    25.00%
    0%
    0%
    25.00%
    0%
    0%
    50.00%
    0%
    0%

He could be an eccentric type 1. The Ti version of Bono (type 1 with Fi), one might say.
    Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      I am open to 1 lead. I'll get into it more a little bit later. 1 fix is definite.

Though I will say, I keep on coming back to compare him with type 4 no matter what else is going on.

Mayhap 4 is the center. In some sense, it is also the most obvious typing. His eyes are on fire.

Fuck it. I change my vote. 4.
    Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      i think so too..

He brings all these tragedies on himself to get in touch with his darkness, reenacting his tragic childhood and young drug addiction.
    If this doesn't confirm four, I don't know what does.

This is exactly what four is about.

Comment

I had written this as part of another thread, referring to the video I posted in the last post. Some additional thoughts on Jared and how his fourness is shown in the video.

I have come to see him as a four who is often mistyped as a 3 just because he's successful and gorgeous. Once I started getting into him I thought, this is no 3. This guy is far too socially awkward and raw. I looked into 6, 1, and other types, but 4 it is, when you start looking into his own music, directing, and history - and how he reenacts his darkness over and over again through method acting. Also taking a look at his outfits alone, it's no 3. He likes to mock Hollywood and fame itself through his wardrobe. This is a guy who runs off and does his own thing regardless of how much it will cost him socially or financially. But he is unmarried and has no kids that he knows about (darkly jokes that he might have kids somewhere, subtly reenacting his father who abandoned his family as a child). He writes songs with odes to his mother, which as a four myself, I relate to - I praise the hell out of my family and they damn well deserve it. A four is a mirror, to some extent. If you're good to them then they're good to you. But they will introject their tragedies and the people who hurt them most, and play that out ad nauseum, doing it in a glamorous and dark way - but the focus is on transformation and suffering rather than being on "keeping up the mystery for the sake of seduction" which is more of a 2 thing, or "creating the most impressive winning image" more like a 3. When 3s grow to 6, they become exceptionally generous too.

So, getting back to Scarlett... (now I'm going to have to post that whole paragraph on the Jared Leto thread lol...)

I don't see her reenacting any deep personal tragedy. I don't see her attention being on destroying herself and rebuilding from the ashes. The reason I went for four in the first place was exactly because of the romantic themes around origin, but I realize the more and more years I do enneagram that these one-word keys can be confusing and misleading. Any type can focus on a return to origin. Four struggles specifically with the idea that they share the same origin as everyone else, and that their journey is not a separate one - separate from others and from God. A four may not even sit around thinking about being unique. They take that for granted. At the same time they are constantly defying the status quo by "expressing themselves" at any cost. (I put it in quotes because, expressing what self? Is the self you're striving to express really honest, or is it your idea of yourself? This is where the lie comes in.)

Twos and threes are much more likely to think, "What is my unique brand?" - and then push that forward. As far as I can tell, Scarlett wears her unique brand of clothes and wants to make an impression...

Comment

Working...
      X