Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars

Here's a list of current thoughts, BalalaikaBoy list style.

Emporer Palpetine 5w6 583 Soc NiTe

Vader/ Annikin Skywalker 628 268 Sx/So SeFi

Leia Organa 1w9 Te lead

Han Solo 7w8 9w8 3w2 Sp/Sx

Luke Skywalker 7w6 792 NeFi

Ben Solo/ Kylo Ren 6w5 4w3 9w1 Sx/Sp Beta. probably TiSe

Obiwan Kenobe 9w1 SiFe?

Yoda 592

Rey 1w9 6w5 3w4 Sp/Sx Gamma SF

Finn 3w2

Threepio 2ish. Worried Robot giver

Artoo Detoo 7w6ish

Lando Calrision 379

Padme 1w9 172?

Poe 7w6 73..1?

Chewey 9w8

They really like their women to be 1w9s, it seems.

Last edited by Animal; 12-31-2019, 04:03 PM.

Animal

Emporer Palpetine: NiFe or FeNi 3w4>5w6>8w9 So/Sp

Vader/ Annikin Skywalker: SeFi 2w?>8w?>6w7 Sx/So

Leia Organa: Te?? 1w2 or 8w9 So/Sp

Han Solo: Se?? 7w8>8w7>3w2 Sp/Sx

Luke Skywalker: FiNe 9w1>6w7>2w1 So/Sx

Ben Solo/ Kylo Ren: NiFe 6w5>4w5>9w8 not sure of stacking

Obiwan Kenobe: TeSi 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/So

Yoda: TiNe 9w1>5w4>2w1 So/Sp

Rey: ESI 9w8>6w5>3w4 Sp/Sx

Finn: NeFi 7w6>9w1>3w2 So/??

3PO: 1w2>6w5>2w1 Sp/So

R2D2: 7w6>9w8>2w3

Lando Calrision: 7w6>3w2>9w8 Sp/Sx

Padme: 1w2>7w6>2w1 So/Sx

Poe: 7w6 sounds right

Chewey: FiSe 9w8>6w5>2w1 Sp/So

Comment

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      R2D2: 7w6>9w1>4w3 . ---> possibly. He has something fourish in how he has to express his own feelings all the time no matter how bratty. and he's so whimsical. While the more 2ish characters express all their love for their friends, R2 just shows off what he can do, makes emotional noises about it, and then makes poop noises at the things he doesnt like. He marches to his own drum and he is impressive but a brat.

even as a Soc dom, Fe-polr 5w6 does not have anywhere near the level of charisma and influence of Palpatine.

Comment

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      What about George Soros?

Palpetine

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-27 23.31.27.png Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	5297

George Soros

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-27 23.31.45.png Views:	0 Size:	871.2 KB ID:	5298

You know, looking at pics of Palpetine next to Soros, I have to wonder if George Lucas did this on purpose.

5w6 with 3 and 8 for both of them. NiTe? And probably So/Sp for Palpetine and Sp/So for Soros. Both string-pulling behind the scenes, from the shadows... hiding the extent of their power and striking when unexpected. Wearing a mask (compartmentalizing) - pretending to fight for something other than what they are really doing.

I suppose Palpetine could be NiFe. He is also Putin-like.

Comment

Animal
      I'd actually believe TeNi over NiTe. note that Soros, while also a mastermind like Palpatine, doesn't excel at the same kind of political games and generally relies on money and a few key influencers to get his goals accomplished. Palpatine actually works with people directly, mobilizes them, is comfortable being in the spotlight for longer periods of time.

Comment

I will get back to that. After watching episode 1 and refreshing my memory, and also getting Daeva's commentary, I have some revisions.

Padme 1w9 3w4 7w8

Annakin in episode 1- straight up 8w7. Tritype 8w7 6w7 2w3

Ani's mom - 9w1 2w1 ___

Obiwan Kenobe 3w2 9w8 6w5 Sp/So

Quigon Jin 9w8 for sure. Probably 2 fix... head idk

Emporer Palpetine still 5w6 8w9 3w4

Darth Maul 1w9 6w5 3w4 TiSe - archetypal. Maybe 6w5 leading with the rest the same.

JarJar... 6w7 2w3 9w1 So/Sx ... sorry anyone who is typed this way lol

Sebulba 3w4

Artoo - 4 with 7!! Ha!

Threepio- 2w1

Comment

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the problem is if you watch clips out of context you get left with the kind of 'flat' actor who was clearly wrong for the role. The actor is probably 3 with 9 or 9 with 3. There is no smoothness of David Bowie in this character throughout most of the series, when he's in action etc. I don't know though, you make a good case. I'll sit with it. This is just making me wonder if my original OP typing of 6 might not have had some merit to it. But three.. idk. I know a lot of dark threes. My best friend is one. I know what Bowie is like. They may have a lot of suffering and depth but when it comes to it they play it cool. This character really struggles with that. He is bursting at the seams.

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          Archetypally there's no 371 "design" either.

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          You had a case! Thank you for making it sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes too. Arya and I have sat with these characters and our own feelings for years. Daeva just saw it for the first time last night.

Sebulba seems kinda reactive for 3w4. I could see it with 6 and 8 fixes though

not feeling 1 for Darth Maul. Watch the Clone Wars show where he comes back. 6 fixed 8 as fuck

9w8 isn't a bad typing for Qui-Gon. Personally I think 8w9, but I could buy that.

Comment

• Animal
          Animal commented
          Editing a comment
          368 sounds very reasonable for Sebulba. I do see what you mean with reactive but he seems so sneaky, cheating in order to get first prize and deceitful -- while still being slick and casting a large shadow. I haven't seen clone wars so I can't comment on that but ok, I'll look into it I think 9w8 is good for Qui-Gon especially considering he's healthy and integrated... I see integrated calm 3 but not 2 'over giving' type of deal. He takes on Ani because he is "The one" and it's more about "everything" and "the all" than it is about doing a good thing for a kid. And his approach is calm and hands off. The kind of 'defiance' that he shows is pretty specific to 9 as well.. like a "Idgaf, I do what I want" . There's some sloth there in the shrugging it off.

addressing a few more

Annakin in episode 1- straight up 8w7. Tritype 8w7 6w7 2w3
        I didn't see him as obviously core 8 in episode 1. it's not an unreasonable typing, and a lot of people tend to think that anyone who isn't a 50 year old real estate mogul or war general can't be 8w7 (8s are children too at some point. they don't pop out of the womb as sith lords). still, I'd say it's far from an obvious typing. I still go with core 2 pride, love, wanting to rescue people, etc. "Are you an angel?" is not the first question that pops into the mind of an 8, even a young one =P

Obiwan Kenobe 3w2 9w8 6w5 Sp/So
        definitely not. 3w2 is already kind of a pseudo-7-ish type, now combine that with a 9 fix and you have someone who is closer to positive outlook, not as stern or critical.

imo, 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/So, with the possibility of a 2 wing, but probably not. his arrow to 7 comes out more in the Clone Wars show and in Episode 3

Comment

Originally posted by BalalaikaBoy View Post
          addressing a few more

I didn't see him as obviously core 8 in episode 1. it's not an unreasonable typing, and a lot of people tend to think that anyone who isn't a 50 year old real estate mogul or war general can't be 8w7 (8s are children too at some point. they don't pop out of the womb as sith lords). still, I'd say it's far from an obvious typing. I still go with core 2 pride, love, wanting to rescue people, etc. "Are you an angel?" is not the first question that pops into the mind of an 8, even a young one =P
          No.. 8s are very much like this.
          All the bragging about "look what I built!" "look what I did!" and the high-energy racing, rushing into trouble, having so much unwarranted confidence that he will win.... all to impress a woman. But he's not doing it in a 2 core way of being 'generous' and emphasizing the help he's giving. He's actually kind of embarrassed when that comes up. It's more that he is showing off and trying to impress her with all his accomplishments. A 2 would be much more wary of this. He definitely has the 2 fix, and the two types have lines to each other, so it's difficult to tease apart an argument except to say, this kid is not wet and imagey, he's gutty, big energy, straight for the race, winning, competitive, showoffy, "Phallic narcissism" , etc. Yes he says "are you an angel" - because it takes an 8w7 to have the confidence to be about 8 years old and say this to a grown woman the minute he meets her.... . And remember that innocence is the other side of lust. Most 8s aren't going around killing cats when they are children. Actually a very obvious 8 I know ( I can show you, I have shown you.. I doubt you'd disagree) -- is Sx lead and older than me, but he writes this really overtly romantic stuff about women on his page, including those who hurt him... he does treat them like goddesses and angels.... this is actually quite typical of an 8. They aren't, per se, MEAN, but rather very big energy. Sx 8 can seem very hearty with the right tritype configuration. But the fast-moving bragging stuff and overconfidence in how his energy meets the world is explicitly 8ish.

definitely not. 3w2 is already kind of a pseudo-7-ish type, now combine that with a 9 fix and you have someone who is closer to positive outlook, not as stern or critical.
          Have you ever been close to a 3? They are quite critical, especially in private. They are competency types.

imo, 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/So, with the possibility of a 2 wing, but probably not. his arrow to 7 comes out more in the Clone Wars show and in Episode 3
          No... a 1w9 is Padme. You can feel the anger seething through her and she is a total hardass in negotiation. Kenobe is careful about his presentation and concerned with his master's approval.

Comment

Just saw both Ep 1 and 2, 3 is next!

I totally see Ani as a Sx 8 - but I don't see a 2 fix, I see a 4 fix! Way too confessional. Indeed his fall is lust and impulsivity, followed by envy. Head last, that much is clear..
            Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

Totally agree Daeva . Also he looks like a four fixer in the movies, although the actor doesn't...which is interesting. Maybe he's not as bad an actor as people say? I had to refresh my memory - I've actually only seen the first three episodes once, and it was before I really knew enneagram well....

But agreed, total four fix, confessional, miserable, in touch with his shadow, refusing to hide it etc. Plus look at the burning envy in his eyes.

He is SO similar to my own 'mirror character' in my novels which I first drafted in 2003... similar themes... y'all will see. (I didn't copy Star Wars I swear!)

Anyway I'd type him 8w7 4w3 6w7 Sx/So after watching again. His social four shame is loud.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-30 23.54.18.png Views:	0 Size:	973.0 KB ID:	5436

The background of this photo is my computer background for quite a while. what a coincidence ;D

Comment

• Daeva
                Daeva commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, it's right there: Invidia, the evil eye. The type 4 is strong with this one.

Animal
              Daeva
              admittedly, 8 is a much better typing that 6 for him. the people who claim he's a type 6 point to absurd shit like
              1) "he has anxiety"....um, yeah. that's called being a 10 year old boy separated from your mother and interrogated by priests. 8s have childhoods too. they don't just pop out of the womb like Shan Yu, Fidel Castro or Donald Trump
              2) "his main fear is losing the ones he loves": 6s are afraid primarily for THEMSELVES. fear for other's well being is connected to Soc, Sx and/or 2 in different ways.
              3) "but he relies on Palpatine for guidance"...because all young people need guidance and all the jedi have shit listening skills (or even really a desire to try in the first place)

anyway, still seeing way more pride than envy. 2s still have a 4 arrow

Comment

• Daeva
                Daeva commented
                Editing a comment
                I just don't see heart core.

The envy (longing, suffering) is obvious. He obsesses over her from when he is a child. He has nightmares about losing her. He basks in his own passion and dark feelings even despite his will to become a jedi. He is defined by his own suffering. This is very clear 4 stuff.

And his constant competing with his master. He is not looking for ways to "help" him, he's looking for ways to best him, out of competitive envy. He only helps him.... firstly because most people would help a friend out of a mess if they were capable of doing so.... but secondly because he needs to prove that he's better. And fours overcompensate, so there's this "I don't need your instruction, I'm better than you anyway." Like 'if I can't have their love then I don't need it, hmp.'

He does not overcrowd Padme like a 2. When they make the agreement that they're not going to be together, he accepts it and says, you're right. Then when she tries to say she loves him he says, I thought we made an agreement that we weren't going to do this. And he repeats her words. This is pretty much exactly what I do, for one...

In the time in between, he didn't cling to her, didn't pressure her, didn't dare go near her etc. Sounds like a REALLY healthy 2 to me... and clearly he isn't.... . no, it's unhealthy four (fix), writhing in his own misery about rejection.

His identification with his own suffering gives him a justification to "act out" and to be a special exception among the Jedi, which is how the Emperor manipulates him, by acknowledging his 'special exception' status and saying the others aren't seeing it. Again, clear four stuff.

Comment

• Animal
                Animal commented
                Editing a comment
                It's hard to show from pics because again the actor doesnt have four. But the attitude displayed in the pics with the dark stare is like Bo Burnham does in his "Repeat stuff" video and what Milo does automatically. He has to have social four shame in there. There's a spilling all over the place of shame. A constant suffering right at the forefront. A trainwreck running on envy. He does not have three's suave whatsoever. The character is described as "impulsive" and "lust for power" and "be mindful of your feelings" and so forth.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/f7...7bb1631b25.png

• Animal
                Animal commented
                Editing a comment
                My typing of him in the OP had been 682 Sx/So. I took it down because after rewatching, he doesn't have the VIRTUES of six... he seems explicitly head last and I think Balaika is right that it's a bad typing for his lead. (Though I disagree with his reasoning, but I get into stuff like that with him on PM, since it would go so off topic and I will handle it in the "notes on type 6 thread" if anywhere.) But this character is not exactly a hero self-sacrificing archetype, and his relationship with ambivalence is very different than the later villain, Kylo Ren, who is a six and frankly much more interesting.

• Animal
                Animal commented
                Editing a comment
                I decided to put my original typing back into the OP Robin Jayne Goldsmith because your points about 3 are making me think that six might not be a bad typing after all and I want to keep thinking. I have a very hard time with 3 for this character though. But what you're seeing may account for some of my own observations and why I had thought six? I will sit with it.

I mean.. this guy is so buried in his own shadow and suffering that it kills his beloved. He's so afraid of losing her and needs to possess her so deeply that it brings on his destruction. Obiwan even tells him just before they start fighting at the end, "Your lust for power [is your downfall.]" But on top of that the lust for power in this particular instance was tied into a need to be seen as a special exception and to see truth and inevitability in his suffering and nightmares.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c59e4a4dad2f7c6b8f3838df7cfcb3ef.jpg Views:	2 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	5468

Comment

• Animal
                Animal commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn't take my exact wording to heart. If you saw the movies I am pretty confident you would not type him as 3w4.

Animal Anakin is an sx 9w8. I am really sure right now. I had pictures of him in my journal as a child because of how deeply I relate. He is utterly consumed by the fear of loss. He will do anything to not lose his love, even if it means losing his entire soul. This is my absolute worst fear. As a child I thought I would become Anakin pussying around with hidden relationships and losing myself completely to the dark side by clinging on. I also hated the Jedi with a passion because if they haven't been such extremists Anakin wouldn't have felt the need to hide his relationship and it wouldn't have led to his demise. 9w8 can seem really eightish, but when it really counts and they have to face inevitable loss, they're gone.
              The day is done, and the darkness

Falls from the wings of Night,

As a feather is wafted downward

From an eagle in his flight.

I see the lights of the village

Gleam through the rain and the mist,

And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me

That my soul cannot resist:

A feeling of sadness and longing,

That is not akin to pain,

And resembles sorrow only

As the mist resembles the rain.

Comment

• SpiritoftheGael
                SpiritoftheGael commented
                Editing a comment
                Animal also you will see what happens is that Anakin goes into a fugue rage state of anger, which is when he starts killing kids etc. He is brimming with rage over this and his black out rage leads to him losing everything.
            Working...
            X