• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Characters

Tentative typings:

Avengers etc.

Thor 8w7 872 So/Sx
    Loki 4w3 7w6 9w1 "trickster" So/Sp
    Iron Man 7w8 3w4 9w8 , maybe Sp/So (very similar to my father)
    Black Widow 6w5 3w4 9w8 Sp/Sx
    Spider-man 6w7 3w2 9w1 So/Sx
    Black Panther .... 2??
    Deadpool - 7w6 739
    Captain America 2w1 So/Sp
    Captain Marvel 8w9 Sp/So
    Nick Fury 8w9 6w5 3w4
    Hawkeye 6w5 9w8 2w1 Sp/So
    Thanos 8w9 5w6 3w4 So/Sp
    Bruce Banner 9w1 5w6 3w2 Sp/So, mayyybe 5w6 with 9w1

Xmen

Beast 5w6 with 8
    Mystique 6w7 3w2 9w1 Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx
    Magneto 1w9 6w5 3w4??? So/Sp??
    Wolverine 8w9 Sp/Sx. Maybe with 6w5 and 4w3
    Professor X 7w6 1w2 2w3 So/Sx
    Sabretooth 8w7
    Angel 6w7 613 or 693
    Jean Gray/ Phoenix 9w1 2w3 6w5 Sx/So
    Cyclops 1w2
    Storm 1w9 with 7 and 2
    Rogue 6w7 9w1 2w3
    Emma Frost 3w4 1w2 6w5
    Quicksilver 7w6
    Nightcrawler 6w7
    Apocalypse 8w9 5w6 3w2

It's been a while so if you think of other characters let me know. May the debates begin!
    Last edited by Animal; 01-22-2020, 08:31 PM.

For years I've been wondering, is Loki really a four? He most certainly is RULED by envy -- but we all know colloquial envy can belong to any type. Still it's archetypal for him. But I have wondered if this competitive envy could also be 3w4. He has a strong idea of his origins (which extends to his birthright), he wears his anger and distaste on his sleeve, etc - and he is very elitist, though again this could be 3w4.

He is classically typed at four because his theme is envying his brother. I don't have a huge problem with it but I'd like to get to the bottom of it. He also reminds me of Viscerys from GOT, enviously chasing the crown - and I have often wondered if they are both 3w4s.

What I'm not seeing, to account for four, is an interiorized image. The image is based on rewards from outside. (The crown.) It's not stemming from the interior, as far as I can tell. I could be reading it wrong, however.
    Last edited by Animal; 01-22-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• BalalaikaBoy
      BalalaikaBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      my idea of 3w4 is more like Nellie Nikolov. very conscientious, more self-critical than others-critical, choose what they say carefully, don't expect people to give them attention/credit unless they accomplish results.

Animal
    my biggest change would be changing Magneto from Social 1 to Social 8. more reactive and "defend my people", less ideological, less prone to reaction formation and less superego. I'll probably have a few more opinions later.

Comment

• BalalaikaBoy
      BalalaikaBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      perhaps "less ideological" needs more clarity. 8s can certainly be ideological, but it still comes from the standpoint of territory, revenge, protecting your own, something a bit more classically reactive triad than the most, shall we say, "monastic" style of Sx-last 1.

to clarify further, I'm separating "ideological" from a more general concern for justice, which is found in all but the most unhealthy 8s (many people of all types have some concern for justice, but it's a central theme of 8). your average 8 will have strong views on justice, but also be critical of ideological people as impractical, unrealistic, putting some notion of moral purity above real word results. I see this in Magneto compared to Professor X, who is either 792 or 712

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      True.. he does have a strong chaos factor. But this is also a classic 1-7 relationship....

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      But he has a lot of conviction about what is right and what needs to be done, and he'll accomplish that by any means necessary. Of course you could say the same about Thanos. But 1 has a line to 7 and 4, which may be the chaos factor. Whereas Thanos has pride in his sacrifices, Magneto finds JOY in actualizing his righteousness.

Magneto and Mystique. He likes her but he "shouldn't" like her, so he acts mean toward her (reaction formation) and then starts correcting her and imposing his ideals on her which happens to set her free (and turn her into a monster who walks around naked.. heheh). This could easily be Sx 1.

Comment

• BalalaikaBoy
      BalalaikaBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      there is a case for this.
      as for Mystique: I see some combination of 9w8, 6w7 and 2w1 Sx/Sp. not sure of the order.

Animal
    I mean, maybe Magneto is Sx 1 zeal... but now that I think of it this way, I just don't think 8 makes sense. He's so tense, rigid...
    What about Sx 1, Sp 6, Soc 3? That Soc 3 would account for the charisma.
    MUCH better. this is very much a plausible typing (Sx 1 also tends to be charismatic, esp Sx 1w2)

Comment

• Animal
      Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      Sx/So 1w2 3w4 6w5

(maybe Sp 5w6 instead of 6w5???)

• BalalaikaBoy
      BalalaikaBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      much better, though I'd still say 6w5. 1 with a 5 fix is Confucius, Buddha and Thomas Aquinas (though admittedly these are probably all So/Sp). Magneto is more reactive, more issues with trust dissatisfied with mere theory not put into action (the crux of a 5 fix is difficulty with taking action in the real world. I've even seen 5-fixed 8w7s struggle with this). I'm not totally convinced he isn't an 8, but it's definitely between 8 and Sx 1w2.

Nick Fury 8w9 6w5 3w4
    like 15 people have compared me to him XD

Comment

Working...
    X