Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince

Prince Rogers Nelson, Prince, The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

Who was he, what was his brand, what was his image?

Seduction: Sexual 2
    https://www.personalitycafe.com/type...-chestnut.html
    (Beatrice Chestnut - The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge)

Where's the 4? Nowhere to be found.

Prince was a Sexual 2.
    Change my mind.
    Last edited by Daeva; 04-11-2020, 03:25 PM.
    Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

"This Two resembles the French expression of the femme fatale (or its male equivalent) archetype in that there is a kind of "dangerous irresistibility" to this personality. In a similar way, the "Aggressive/Seductive" title given to this subtype suggests an association with the archetype of a vampire. This Two is irresistible: somebody who is beautiful, but who possesses a dangerous kind of beauty. It's a beauty that needs to wield power over you and could end up consuming you. The name Aggressive/Seductive also suggests the forward momentum this type displays in moving toward others - an active, purposeful attitude that can include an element of aggression."

https://www.personalitycafe.com/type...-chestnut.html
    (Beatrice Chestnut - The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge)
    Last edited by Daeva; 04-11-2020, 03:25 PM.
    Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

Here's some Ichazo. I will underline the part that is explicitly relevant to Prince. He is a prissy fussbudget.

Becoming fixated in the Domain of Health and Security, there is a swing to the dichotomies of that domain. This can manifest in a positive sense as a focus on Routine on one side, or Flexibility at the other side. It can manifest in a negative sense as Meticulousness at one extreme or Negligence at the other extreme. These dichotomies are represented by two characters: the Fussy character at one end, the Messy person at the other. Fears invade the consciousness in this domain. The stress of being fixated and imbalanced in this domain can lead to Psychosomatic Illness as a compensatory mechanism. The poison of this domain is Lechery.

Comment

Much like Lana del Rey, his songs are focused on gratuitous seductiveness and interpersonal relationships.

We have considered 4, 6, 3, 9 for him. Here are some things that strike me as I watch this video in particular (simply because it's the first song of his that came to mind).

The first part is him showing the world that he's a total Casanova. Befitting for Sx 2.
        Then he looks in the mirror. "Maybe I'm just like my father/ my mother." Family focus, rather than 4ish "my identity is a separate matter from anyone else (separate original origin)"
        Then, him interfering with his parents fighting. This is not a 6ish "look how tough I am." Nor is there any fear, or overthinking here. He just "cares so much" that he had to interfere. He's the only one with a heart. Why does everyone else fight?
        Next - more gratuitous Casanova "I'm sexy" shots. Sx first is a definite. Sx 2 seducer. Laughing and smiling with some woman, but it's really focused more on how HE is seducing HER, rather than focus on what she does to HIM. (2ish "will" and "pride." She needs me, she wants me. Look everyone, I am loved.)
        "Maybe I'm just too demanding. Maybe I'm just like my father too bold. Maybe I'm just like my mother. She's never satisfied."
        A nice summary of some traits in Naranjo's "prideful" insatiable appetite for love, demanding seducing 2. But of course, he got these traits from his parents. (Not. A. FOUR. Fours really struggle with viewing their identity as part of a shared origin that was just 'given' to them.)
        Drives his motorcycle through an archway, which says, on either side : LOVE. GOD. (Where's the sixish skepticism or playing with complexity and ambiguity? This is exteriorized HEART.)
        At the end it's him dancing in very flashy, interesting clothes before a band. There's no real defiance or rebellious statement here for Sx 6. It's more showing off his beauty and seductive energy. There is also no 5ish showing off masterful skills, no 4ish 'setting yourself apart.' His outfits are flashy and original, but having originality and flashiness in one's aesthetic is actually common for Sx 2, I've noticed. (See Maria Brink, etc.) But it's a gratuitous eye-candy aesthetic rather than giving people a peek into an extensive inner world of symbolism (which is how a four would do it).

As for 9, he clearly has a 9 fix. But this presentation just isn't gutty. It's all heart, relations, feelings. Where's the anger coming out and/or being avoided? The 9 fix is there but the core isn't 9... I can't think of a reason why it would be. It did take me a while to rule it out in the past, but the simple question is: does anyone think his issue is around anger and taking up space or not doing so? I don't.

For 3, he is just too emotionally 'wet.' I may need to write a longer post on 2 vs 3 for him because the distinction may not be as obvious as the last several.

Comment

Working...
        X