Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why men are going MGTOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=C4tt0dSvdQE

The above video might have something to do with it. I literally can't believe how big of a bitch this woman is. She literally tricked like a 1000 men to show up at the same time on a Tinder date with her, and then tried to make them compete for her to prove some weird feminist point about something. Pretty sure the feminist experiment was just an excuse to be a bitch. The saddest part is that like a hundred men actually stayed and competed for her.

What are your thoughts on MGTOW and how men and women are interacting?
    The day is done, and the darkness

Falls from the wings of Night,

As a feather is wafted downward

From an eagle in his flight.

I see the lights of the village

Gleam through the rain and the mist,

And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me

That my soul cannot resist:

A feeling of sadness and longing,

That is not akin to pain,

And resembles sorrow only

As the mist resembles the rain.

What does MGTOW stand for?
    Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

Originally posted by Arya View Post
      The saddest part is that like a hundred men actually stayed and competed for her.
      That is really sad

Comment

Originally posted by Daeva View Post
        What does MGTOW stand for?
        Men going their own way. It's a growing movement of men, mostly guys who've been taken advantage in some way, who refuse to ever be with women again. Some of them will still hook up, but that's the extent they'll go.

Comment

Originally posted by Arya View Post

Men going their own way. It's a growing movement of men, mostly guys who've been taken advantage in some way, who refuse to ever be with women again. Some of them will still hook up, but that's the extent they'll go.
          Hah, damn
          Salty men! Maybe gay?... Apologies, it's the first time I heard of this movement and it sounds a bit peculiar. But it does sound like they made a group to cry and fall into each other's arms instead.
          Sleep on the Ceiling - Erosian Exile

Comment

Originally posted by Daeva View Post

Hah, damn
            Salty men! Maybe gay?... Apologies, it's the first time I heard of this movement and it sounds a bit peculiar. But it does sound like they made a group to cry and fall into each other's arms instead.
            No, I don't think most are gay. Maybe a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gClBIgG3ig

Comment

Comment

Though I wrote this in response to an article about Gillette and masculinity, I think the comment is relevant here since it's related to men's place in society. The MGTOW movement is not just about men's disappointment with women but a general dysphoria felt in society:

I do consider myself a feminist, but men are in a meaning crisis right now. I don't want to look to the past where women, POC, and other marginalized groups had less rights, but at least in the past men had centralized structures and institutions (i.e. church, career, military just to name a few) to formulate and crystallize their identities and notions of masculinity. Though I wouldn't say these notions were entirely healthy and thus the topic of toxic masculinity comes into play. Toxic masculinity in summary, is when masculinity is predicated upon dominance, violence, oppression of others (and oneself), and a lack of encouragement of being in touched with one's anima which leads to repression of one's emotions, creativity, and ability to express a wide range of human expressions, which leads to the stated things above.These notions have predated the advent of modern feminism. But we must look at the flipside of the coin. Where there's masculinity, there's also honor, courage, an adventurous spirit that traverses unknown and scary places, and the protection of the weak, and what's tragic is that these qualities are not being fostered, or worse yet, not being recognized. The other confounding problem is that modern society doesn't offer established and centralized ways to confer meaning in one's lives and the institutions that did this are becoming irrelevant, redefined, or heavily criticized. Society is becoming ever more pluralistic and polyvocal and that can be dizzying, disorienting, alienating but at the same time liberating and open to possibilities and opportunities. What we need to do is redefine masculinity for the new era, one that's both enlightened and uncucked, and doesn't strip away the dignity of men.

Comment

In today's world, the best strategy for a man is to hang back and cultivate a personality that arouses intrigue and invites a chase. When a woman pursues you, allow her to mistake your kindness for weakness, and show her your power when she least expects it. Observe her reaction. It will show you what she's made of.

Comment

I absolutely love that whole post. I loved it when I first read it and once again I purr. But this closing sentiment is the most important part...

Originally posted by Thana View Post
                    What we need to do is redefine masculinity for the new era, one that's both enlightened and uncucked, and doesn't strip away the dignity of men.
                    Exactly! Perhaps on this forum we can talk about how this might unfold. What is masculinity and what is femininity? What is beautiful and dangerous about each? To what degree should either the masculine or the feminine forces be kept in check?

I would start a thread based on this sentiment now, but I need to figure out how to formulate it. If anyone else thinks of it first, feel free.

Comment

The thing that pissed me off about that is the double standard. If a man did that and said no fatties, no one under a C cup, shit like that he'd be ridiculed for being sexist, misogynistic , and a piece of shit, but if a woman does it it's empowering or proving a point. Bunch of bullshit.

As for MGTOW, it's a pussy's way out. Yeah there's some real cunts out there, but just giving up and walking away is fucking dumb. Are they mostly fed up with women or society in general though? Even if you have up on women, it's not like society values that much either, so what, do you just become a loner and live in the woods somewhere or what, because that's not really a solution to it either. The whole thing seems stupid to me and reeks of passiveness, giving up, and retreat.

Comment

Originally posted by PleasureToBurn View Post
                        The thing that pissed me off about that is the double standard. If a man did that and said no fatties, no one under a C cup, shit like that he'd be ridiculed for being sexist, misogynistic , and a piece of shit, but if a woman does it it's empowering or proving a point. Bunch of bullshit.
                        Lol. It's also a ridiculous way to be. I personally wouldn't want to date someone that has no standards. Not everyone likes the same things, some guys like small breasts, some like fatties, etc. So I'd want to know what my love interest likes and whether I fit. I don't want to have to wonder if he settled for me. Some women find it romantic if a guy doesn't care about looks at all - that's not me. I respect that stance in my friends, but as a lover it makes me upset. Like.. this person doesn't even give a fuck if I look hot one night and he doesnt necessarily find my beauty to be an important factor in our sex life???? I work hard for my looks. I have to persevere through an illness that destroys my body and my appearance and still make myself look good, and it takes more effort for me than it does for most people in my age range. I'm fucking proud of what I look like for that reason even though I'm not exactly movie star material. I want a guy to have standards and to tell me I fit those standards, and I'm hot, and not "just anyone" would do.

I would assume it's a biological need for women to be told they're beautiful but obviously not all women are equally fortunate in this department, and there are some problems you can't overcome and "fight for." For instance I can't get my eyebrows to grow back from the illness; I'd have to get fake ones and there are no good options for this. So? I just emphasize my actual eyes and other parts of my face and I work on what I can. But there are some women with worse issues they can't get rid of, but the thing is, there are ALSO guys out there who don't care or who like the way they look. So.. I don't see why my guy should be forced to pretend he likes us all equally, and that a hollywood actress doesn't turn him on. It's just unrealistic.

As for MGTOW, it's a pussy's way out. Yeah there's some real cunts out there, but just giving up and walking away is fucking dumb. Are they mostly fed up with women or society in general though? Even if you have up on women, it's not like society values that much either, so what, do you just become a loner and live in the woods somewhere or what, because that's not really a solution to it either. The whole thing seems stupid to me and reeks of passiveness, giving up, and retreat.
                        Agree, finding the right partner isn't easy for ANYONE, ever. So these whiny bitches need to get over it.

Comment

Working...
                        X