Why politics interests me so much as a Social-last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why politics interests me so much as a Social-last

I type as NiTe 8w9 Sx/Sp with a 5w4 fix. Sure, some of you believe I'm a 5w4 core, but in either case, this means the spread of my personality is pretty fucking under-social. I went through most of my life with only 1-2 friends and not caring, have virtually zero hobbies that include other people and deliberately taking classes where I knew I could argue with the most people and enjoy the groans and anger backlash...but the reason I care so much about political discourse can be summed up in one word: boundaries.

1) Regardless of which kind of society you want to live in (a question which actually has a lot more to do with Sp than anything else btw, because it's about what you're doing on a day to day basis in terms of lifestyle), you have to have some kind of social order if you want something other than anarchy. like, if that's what you want, go for it...but you can expect your property being raided by tribal gangs, your wife getting raped, 2/3 of your 6 children dying before you do, and an overall brutal and unpredictable existence before you succumb to injury or disease by 40. With that in mind, it's clear that some level of order and structure has a functionality which precedes any more lofty concerns for morality and ideology.
    2) If, like me, your goal is independence, the next step in that direction is a structure that values property rights. this requires courts, a legislature, police and all manner of other institutions
    3) I'll be honest, I view most people with a good amount of contempt. You can call me arrogant if you want, and you may even be right, but either way, anyone giving you a remotely honest reading of history will be frank about the mob of madness which is the average person. my desire for a better society has little to do with compassion and everything to do with distracting the masses. even a cursory glance at Roman history will reveal the genius that was the bread and circuses which various emperors like Augustus used to keep the masses occupied with entertainment. an entertained society is a society less likely to revolt, so is a society with a baseline level of food and shelter.
    4) once you have as structure that supports freedom and prosperity, you need to be able to keep it that way, and that means a military to defend your borders so that neighboring groups don't try to invade your last and force your people to adhere to their values (and to be honest, idgaf about race. I'd be just as concerned if a boat load of Brits came over, because those pussies would vote away the 2nd amendment faster than you can say Piccadilly Circus) .
    5) As with bread and circuses, some level of nationalism (at the very least, a basic spirit of cooperation) means people are more unified and less likely to revolt or commit crimes against each other. All this makes for a predictable system where it's easy to learn the rules, plan ahead and make off with disproportionate gain

so....would I ever want to be a soldier**, a policeman, a judge, etc....hell no. I suck at following authority, I need to know the why of everything I'm doing to even begin and I fall on my ass when trying to follow precise rules, but it's precisely because I'm like this that I appreciate other people doing those jobs for me and leaving me to handle the sphere of finance. I may not like collectivism, duty, or conformity...but I'm sure as hell willing to leverage these traits in others to create the conditions necessary for me to be individualist, acquire vast wealth and eventually gain the freedom to go most places in the world on my own schedule and cloister myself away the rest of the time. Utilizing collective order is, paradoxically, the best way to achieve anarchy on a personal level and enjoy levels of freedom from social constraints that will never be possible for 99% of people.

**it's worth noting that I did consider joining the military at one point out of sheer necessity during a low point, but the prospect of it gave me nightmares, and I'm grateful other opportunities emerged.
    Last edited by BalalaikaBoy; 12-10-2019, 01:17 AM.

This should't suggest that I don't also have a sincere respect for many who fill such roles, but again, my appreciation stems from precisely the notion of "thank God you are doing that so I don't have to". If something works, chances are I will respect it, and that applies equally well to people and social functions, not just tangible tools.
    Last edited by BalalaikaBoy; 12-10-2019, 01:00 AM.

Comment

1) It has a direct impact on my ability to thrive.

These things affect ME and MY LOVED ONES directly:
      - the economy
      - racism
      - healthcare (for me personally this is life or death)
      - leftists firing you from a job if you dare utter a disagreeing opinion (this has happened to me and many others I know)
      - leftist indoctrination forced down your throat in college (this has happened to me and many others I know)
      - immigration laws (both making it easier for my husband to immigrate legally and making it harder illegal immigrants to bring crime, disease & drugs, let alone tons of people not paying taxes who our taxes are paying to support. please don't get offended anyone, i'm not suggesting "they are all criminals," but the figures and reports I've seen speak for themselves, and it has also become unsafe to walk in my own town because of immigrants following me in their cars or on foot, calling out to me in spanish, etc. and meanwhile my husband and I have done everything 'right' and spent 10k so far just to have him here, and there is more coming. needless to say it's infuriating.)
      - abortion rights
      - ridiculous laws forcing you to be dependent on the government for everything (for example, in NY, it's illegal to collect rainwater.)
      - taking guns away (from legal gun owners, that is.. since criminals will still have them)

This is all Sp stuff. I'm less safe having a job, walking down the street, saving/making money, or counting on healthcare - because of politics. Thus, politics got my interest - not just because of MY safety but because these things affect EVERYONE. Obviously, illegal immigrants are people too and I care about them being treated like humans. So I'm not suggesting that there's an easy answer and we should simply destroy lives to protect our own selves. Racism against black people for example affects me negatively because there are black people in my life that I love. And racism against any group makes for a bad environment, full of hate and infringing on my safety & thriving. So... those things go beyond "me" and are wider. This is why I find modern politics important and why I get revved up.

I am not particularly taken with ideology. I don't care much about whether I am left or right, though sometimes I engage it for fun. I'm more attuned to what is really happening, what the laws are and how the groups are acting currently. If I sense the right becomes more oppressive during some period of time I'll call them out too. And calling out the left doesn't automatically mean I am "right leaning." Nor does it automatically mean I vote Republican. In fact I've mostly voted third party. And although once in a while I'll talk about my morals and values, they don't match up perfectly with some arbitrary current grouping. The closest I come is that I test high on Libertarian, which makes sense because I prefer being autonomous rather than dependent on an overreaching government - or my parents - or anyone else. It's consistent with my day to day actions and values. But I also understand that libertarianism in extreme would not work.

So my "leanings" are not about ideology and pie in the sky hopes - they are based on what is really happening, patterns I really pick up and results I really see. I do find the ideological underpinnings relevant, because they reveal WHY things are the way they are. But for me the decision of who to support is not about ideology because every ideological backdrop is equally wonderful and terrible when done in extremes. The ideology behind it is more of an interest in order to understand the pattern of behavior that plays out irl. Which leads to my second point...

2) I love universal themes about 'how people work,' and I love to discover string-pulling behind the scenes.

In this sense, my DEEPER interest in politics has been around since before I understood the depths of its effects on me as a person. I just find it fascinating to see who is pulling the strings behind the scenes, who is wearing a false face, who is really responsible.. etc. George Soros was once a really fun topic for me, even though the damage he has done is serious. I also took an interest in studying Hitler in college (note: I'm Jewish), and I know some about Machiavellian writing and Saul Alinsky and others pulling strings over time. This is the type of stuff I write about in my books.. spiders weaving webs in the dark.

Comment

Charles Krauthammer said it best when he talked about how things like art, music, sports, culture, family, friendship, love, relationships, and all the beautiful things that make things worth living, those are all great things, but unless you get the politics right none of those things are possible. That's why politics will always take precedence, otherwise you can end up with societies and regimes that go against all of that.

Comment

something I've noticed is that, while I comment a lot on people and societal trends, it tends to fall into one of three categories
          1) obviously fake and/or passive-aggressive social tactics, especially if they've been levied against me in the past (fakeness triggers me and deserves nothing but aggression whenever possible. #SorryNotSorry )
          2) bad arguments/misinformation I hear regurgitated over and over
          3) ineffective or shortsighted bullshit people are engaging (ie, what Ni and Te notice. esp if Sp-heavy). examples include
          - "stop over-prescribing antibiotics. you're killing your gut biome and contributing to the growing problem of antibiotic-resistant strands of illness
          - "your child doesn't have "ADHD". he's a normal 4 year old boy who wants to run around and explore. childhood is not a medical condition"
          - "oh rly? you "don't have enough for groceries"? LMAO! half of your grocery bill is alcohol you dumb college bum! start there first XD "
          - "if shit starts to fall apart precisely when you stop letting capitalism take its course, chances are capitalism was the solution, not the cause.
          - "let me get this straight: breeding endangered species is illegal? so, you have a shortage of something and your first course of action is to...ban people from creating more of it? mkay...y'all are hopeless...."

Comment

Working...
          X