No announcement yet.

Enneagram Rants & Controversial Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I generally agree, except flow. That's the lines, it's what enables the circle to breathe.

Then again, perhaps you meant 'stack flow'?, like a hierarchy of needs?
    Last edited by Full_fathom; 03-14-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Sevens don't see ourselves as ~especially deserving~ compared to other people. It doesn't have much to do with other people at all, really - we don't care if others partake in what we want or not. I think the lyric by The Submarines sums it up pretty well - "why would you settle for less when the world gives you more?" We don't see the world as limited in what it can provide - there is so much world out there, we really don't feel any compulsion to hog it. The point is to consume, not to hoard. I think this is why even though I find celebrities who flaunt their wealth to generally be obnoxious I've always loved the way Bruno Mars does it. He's gotta be one of the most obnoxious of all, but the way he describes all his stuff is never exclusive; there's always an invitation baked in, he's got all this shit and he wants to share it. I'm not necessarily particularly concerned about the sharing part either, but I'm way more likely to look at other people and wonder why they settle for so little than I am to feel like I'm more deserving than they are. We aren't threatened by other people, we're threatened by ourselves.

This is why it's "gluttony" - you think you can have your cake and eat it too. You can take and take and take and take and the thing you're taking from won't diminish.

[EDIT: Turns out I'm 2 core!]
      Last edited by inkreservoir; 03-03-2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X