No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I usually prefer music with lyrics to them, but Zelda music is good for atmosphere.

Comment

...Speaking of lyrics, though, reminds me of this music discussion I was having with someone earlier, as they said something about how they preferred instrumental music as they felt like lyrics would get in the way of being immersed in the music. I tend to feel opposite, though, as I feel like lyrics gives my mind more to latch onto, while instrumental music tends to feel too vague and detached.

So it's interesting how differently music can be experienced. Wonder how type might influence that.

Last edited by [redacted]; 12-14-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Thank you Spanish teacher for introducing me to this great song via cringey Mexican movies :P
        "If you are God, and the delusion becomes reality,
        About what kind of the noids you get?
        Is it the sensual world? The despotic society?
        The destructive sanctions?
        Or..."

-Chaos;Head title screen

Comment

...But speaking of doctors with split personalities, this movie gives me life.

Comment

Comment

A tiny moth
              Wrapped in lungs
              Got my armor
              And I got my gun
              I told you not to call me hun
              She floats so soft
              Inside his web
              My spider lover
              His useless head
              I told you not to touch my bed
              I'm changing, I'm spinning
              I'm morphogenic
              I'm webbing I'm morphing
              I'm morphogenic
              I'm hungry, I'm thirsty
              I'm morphogenic
              I'm tired, I'm wasting
              I'm morphogenic
              I stumble from
              This empty room
              You blow my brains
              I'll blow my cool
              You know I can't play by the rules
              I feel so cold
              The sweetest stare
              My wool filled eyes
              Your hollow care
              A tiny game of truth or dare
              Turning pain into power.

Comment

the venomous RAGE of Maria Callas singing the title role of Rossini's Armida. It's hilarious to me when people assume Rossini is a strictly a "comedic" composer.

Incidentally, this is how I imagine Animal would get pissed off in person.

Comment

Distant, Cold, Strange and enjoyable.
                  "Distress, whether psychic, physical, or intellectual, need not at all produce nihilism.
                  Such distress always permits a variety of interpretations."

Nietzsche

Comment

Turning pain into power.

Comment

Listening to this now I wouldn't say it's the best song, but it's fairly nostalgic.

Also I was just reading a story with a ferryman, so I had to listen to this at the same time.
                      Last edited by [redacted]; 12-23-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Those two , MJ and Slash, uggh, hot.

Slash is such a turn-on. I think he's a 3 pretending to be a 9. . Or maybe a 6 posing as a 9.

Comment

• Animal
                          Animal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Exactly! For me it's the opposite. I also have always said songs write themselves through me, and I can't possibly sit down and decide to write one - I have to practice my craft so I know when to capture the songs that come to me. Once a song channels itself through me from the aether, it can be completely finished perfect just as it is, or it can be half finished, or it might need new lyrics, or a different chorus. I feel what's missing because I know the message that the song was fundamentally aiming to get across, and I can see that it's not QUITE getting across. On my first album, only one song was the kind that 'just came out.' Exactly as is - I felt it coming and hit "record button!" The others, part of it "just came out," but there were parts that weren't quite there. So I worked on them over a period of time, refining each word - for anything from 1 day, to a week, to several years!! Because sometimes I wasn't quite in the right place to capture the rest of the song... and then a similar event would occur, and the feeling of the song would draw me in again and I'd finish it. (I've noticed what happens is that I date another guy whose enneagram is similar to the first guy I wrote about, and so it kicks up similar dynamics and I end up writing about it. Or things like that. This is before I knew the enneagram.) Sometimes the whole song was written and the sentiment was all there, but I worked on just that one word, or line. For years. I don't always chisel, but I know exactly when I need to chisel. I don't know how I know; it's just an innate sense of when the song is done. I wish I had that with writing prose. :/

Comment

Comment

Turning pain into power.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X